I am a life science postgraduate with experience of working in wide range of environments. In addition to my qualifications in life science, I also have an excellent knowledge of IT systems. My academic, working and personal achievements have enabled me to apply myself in a professional manner allowing me to develop solutions with efficiency and quality. I enjoy working in an environment which is challenging and where the diversity of work means that I am able to learn new skills and utilise them effectively. Working with flexibility and under pressure with a wide variety of tasks I have the initiative to work individually and constructively as a team member. I consider myself as ambitious and self- motivated with a strong commitment to delivering the highest level of service.
IT Support Analyst Northampton, United Kingdom
May 2011 --- May 2013
- Monitor servers and network infrastructure.
- Responsible for setting up first line IT helpdesk, preparing and implementing SOPs along with IT manager.
- Responsible for training all new members of staff in SOPs and made sure that procedures were followed at all times by everybody in the team.
- Responsible for preparing and managing IT asset database for the whole company.
- Provision of IT support to users by phone and face to face.
- Investigation and resolution of IT issues related to business systems.
- Installation and updating of software and patches.
- Maintenance of help desk records recording all changes.
- Generation of reports documenting issues and downtime.
- Documentation of procedures and processes.
- Follow all escalation procedures according to service level agreements.
- Escalation of issues to the IT Manager when required.
- Knowledge of using various software such as Windows server 2003 / 2008, Active Directory, DNS, Linux , MS Office, MS exchange/ emails, Citrix, Encryption, SQL, Vulnerability management and policy compliance, Support experience for Cisco Routers, IP Telephony, Firewalls and switches.
Laboratory Technician & Phlebotomist Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
January 2009 --- October 2009
Collect and prepare specimens and perform laboratory procedures used in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. Verify record and report lab results on all performed tests. Ensure compliance with hospital policies and laboratory procedures, including maintaining the cleanliness of lab equipment, instruments and work area.
- Executed and analyzed tests in areas including chemistry, haematology, urinalysis, serology, histology and bacteriology to aid physicians in diagnosing and treating disease.
- Consistently commended for the timely, high-quality completion of both routine and special laboratory assays of patient specimens (including blood and other body fluids and surgical specimens).
- Ensured test-result validity before recording/reporting results, earning a standing for careful attention to detail.
- Demonstrated the ability to communicate test results effectively with physicians, pathologists and nursing staff providing exemplary quality of care.
- Evaluated quality control within laboratory using standard laboratory test and measurement controls, and maintained compliance with SOPs, GLP, GCP and safety and risk-management guidelines.
Junior Bioinformatician Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
May 2007 --- December 2008
- Design or implement web-based tools for querying large-scale in house biological databases.
- Create novel computational approaches and analytical tools as required by research goals.
- Confer with researchers, clinicians, or information technology staff to determine data needs and programming requirements and to provide assistance with database-related research activities.
- Works closely in a multidisciplinary team with scientists, clinician, and biostatistician to create platforms for processing of high dimensional data for disease understanding and biomarker discovery.
- Write computer programs or scripts to be used in querying databases.
- Customize open-source tools by modifying the source code to develop new and better tools to support lab’s special needs;
- Responsible for writing custom scripts for data analysis using various software such as Html, Mysql, php, dhtml, Adobe Flash and Photoshop and WAMP server.
- Conduct quality analyses of data inputs and resulting analyses or predictions.
- Monitor database performance and perform any necessary maintenance, upgrades, or repairs.
- Document all database changes, modifications, or problems.
- Create data management or error-checking procedures and user manuals.
- Train bioinformatics staff or researchers in the use of databases.
- Confer with database users about project timelines and changes.
Project Carried Out:
“Creation and classification of Bio-marker Database for Cardiovascular Disease and Development of Database Interface.”
Medical La boratory Technician Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
August 2005 --- August 2006
- Sample collection and handling for lab test and analysis.
- Tests are performed according to laboratory procedure and guidelines and test results are
correctly and legibly entered on the patient report forms and laboratory records.
- Specimens are checked as to their condition, acceptability and appropriateness to the test and exceptions is note.
- Prepare the laboratory equipment and specimens for tests.
- Analyze and record test results in order to issue reports that utilize graphs, charts, and narratives.
- Laboratory as well as all equipment is clean.
- Maintains a neat, sanitary, organized work area.
- Work pending is organized and appropriately left for follow up.
- Ensure daily instrument maintenance and quality control is carried out.
- Special assigned work or projects are completed as instructed.
- Keeps an adequate supply of working materials on hand.
- Assist medical laboratory technologists in less complex laboratory tests and procedures.
- Experience of working in following laboratory.
- Blood bank technology (immune haematology)
- Clinical chemistry technology
- Molecular biology
Certificate Course in Pathology from Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge in 2010
Post Graduate Diploma in Bioinformatics from School of Science in 2007
Certificate Course in Medcial Laboratory Technician from V.S.Hospital in 2006
Bachelors in Microbiology from R.G.Shah Science College in 2005