Strategic, entrepreneurial Master in Pharmaceutical Sciences with 15 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry at global and local level, in R&D, medical affairs, marketing and business/competitive intelligence. Excellent ICT knowledge and demonstrated capability in applied analytics and intelligence, strategic planning and execution, change and project management in an international and multicultural environment.
Passionate, enthusiastic, communicative networker and influencer with breath of experience and knowledge, I am highly inspired by achieving results working with people.
My career objective is to contribute to innovation, efficiency and performance through a leadership / entrepreneurial role, leveraging my analytical and planning skills to develop and implement a vision, inspiring and motivating people for change and to explore new opportunities and approaches. Specialties: international experience, consultant, teamleader, pharmacist, project manager, medical advisor, Neurology, Immunology, Urology, chemistry, pre-clinical and clinical research, marketing, sales, pricing and reimbursement, competitive intelligence, social networking, enterprise 2.0, CRM and KOL management systems, Medical Information.
Independent Consultant Belgium
Since June 2015
COO & VP Medical Strategy for Chamaeleo Pharma NV
- I work with a small Belgian start-up company which is active in the area of prostate cancer and is backed by private investors. We are a team of 5 that looks at all aspects of the (re)-launch of fosfestrol and the development of sufestrol, including financial plan, launch/marketing plan and organization, clinical development, KOL interactions, investor relations, access strategy etc.
Business Intelligence consultant
- In the area of market and competitive intelligence, I work directly and/or indirectly with major pharma companies on a project basis
Field Medical Excellence lead for Novartis Belux
- I am responsible for coaching and training for the MSL team, the functional tools they use, the capability plan and objectives, the implementation of the CRM system for medical affairs.
Medical Advisor Enter Location
August 2014 --- May 2015
I lead the medical activities in the Uro-Onco brand team and manage the clinical research unit for the related national and international studies.
Associate Director Business Intelligence
April 2010 --- June 2013
(in Global Medical Affairs (from 2010), New Product Planning and Portfolio Management (2011-2012) and Global Strategic Marketing (from 2013)). • Transform UCB’s competitive intelligence capabilities and incorporate the knowledge of competition in various aspects of UCB’s business both on a corporate/strategic (e.g. brand planning, forecasting, clinical development programs, new target selection, business development) as a tactical level (in the affiliates e.g. market access, visual aids, KOL selection/interaction). • Ensure timely delivery of competitive intelligence updates and input in business development, Target Product Profiles, Disease Opportunity Profiles. • Ensure selection, testing, availability and access to databases and business intelligence tools • Contribute in the cross-functional teams responsible for marketed products (Parkinson’s, Epilepsy and Immunology) and products in discovery or clinical development. Developed and implemented a competitive intelligence platform (with new processes, software tools and databases), leading to cost-efficient, actionable intelligence and transforming a reactive approach to pro-active awareness and early warning Built a network/community of practice between groups with related support activities such as Medical Information, Market Research, Library, Informatics and IT. This ultimately led to a centralized competitive intelligence unit supporting a Global Brand (Associate) Director with competitive intelligence responsibility and Response Teams. Presented some of the innovative aspects and business cases at the Eye4Pharma conference in Barcelona (MAR 2013) “KOL identification, a business intelligence perspective”, which was also accepted at the Society of Competitive Intelligence Professionals (SCIP) meeting in Rome (NOV 2013).
Global Knowledge Manager, Global Medical Affairs
May 2009 --- March 2011
• Responsible for knowledge management, the goal was to increase communication and collaboration while building corporate memory and best practices. • Steeprock CRM and medical information systems implementation • Congress MSL coordination • Competitive and business intelligence (e.g trial site identification, KOL identification, medical writing etc.) • Contribute to Neurology brand teams (Parkinson’s and Epilepsy) Received a Gold spot award for community management, improved communication and more efficient use of internal expertise after implementing the first online collaboration platform (Jive Social Business Software) in the company. This ground-breaking work ultimately triggered accelerated global implementation of Microsoft Sharepoint. Presented our experiences and results at the Drug Information Association conference in Lisbon (SEP 2010) “Social media, gluing the pieces together”. Was nominated project leader for the strategic pillar “bringing innovative molecules to market – competitive intelligence” of the UCB NewMedicines Optimization Program.
Director Medical Services and Strategy
December 2008 --- May 2009
• Responsible as project manager, business liaison and team leader. Involved in all business development opportunities for Heartbeat Software. Led the creation of a spin off called Heartbeat Experts. This group works on Key Opinion Leader (KOL) planning and related services such as virtual advisory boards, patient- physician communities etc. This group has today become one of the main revenue drivers for HBS.
Sr. Medical Manager Europe
February 2008 --- December 2008
• Contribute to the development of Heartbeat’s software solutions (KOL management/CRM system) • Develop and implement software and project documentation (scope documents, project charters, user acceptance testing etc.) and training materials. • Business liaison and analyst for their world-wide CRM implementation at Roche, GSK, Boehringer Ingelheim and other major pharma. Developed the KOL identification process and built a team of 5 people to support this. The success of this approach led to managing over 13 projects in 8 months and a revenue of 1.6 million euro.
Medical Advisor Urology/CNS
June 2005 --- February 2008
• Develop and roll out medical and contribute to marketing strategy for allocated brands (including phase 4 studies) in close collaboration with marketing and sales managers • Ensure medical accuracy and compliance of sales aids and materials. • Follow-up on medical literature and congresses • Act as an author and speaker • Key opinion leader management (ad boards, clinical studies, publications, speaker engagements etc.) Urology (Viagra, Detrol) (7 million euro) - Conceived and implemented the ScorED study. Presented the results for the European Association of Urology (Berlin 2007), subsequently used by the European Brand Team to support the marketing message in materials in 28 countries. Was at the basis of the prostatectomy strategy with the Viagra Brand that allowed to fend off competition considerable longer than in neighboring countries. Ensured reimbursement of Detrol was maintained with a phase 4 study for authorities. Neurology (Xanax, Aricept, Serlain, Lyrica, Neurontin) (25 million euro) – Implemented the CAPITA study (Alzheimer’s screening tool) and contributed to the conception and roll-out of the Alzheimer’s disease awareness projects. Conceived and implemented the COGNOS study (mapping care networks for Alzheimer’s).
Medical Advisor for Medical Information
April 2004 --- June 2005
• Develop materials and train representatives • Contribute to market access and regulatory files • Ensure timely and accurate answers to internal and external medical questions Received a TEAM award for setting up processes and workflows to handle medical information requests more efficiently, having fostered a close collaboration with the library team and the customer contact center. I was instrumental in the creation of the Medical Information Officer role and the medical information team that grew to 3 FTEs. Wrote a white paper “Counterfeit Medicines: a threat to public safety” which I presented later at XIe Symposium du centre de pathologie sexuelle masculine (CPSM) of the UCL University (Brussels 2007)
August 2001 --- September 2003
• Routine radio-labelling of interleukin 2 for neck tumour diagnosis for the Department of Nuclear Medicine (Ghent University Hospital, Prof. dr. R. Dierickx, Dr. C. VandeWiele)) • Tutor for thesis students • Research subjects: Organic synthesis of NMDA-receptor-antagonists for research into epileptic focus (Prof. Dr. G. Slegers), research on possible anti-carcinogenic properties of citrus-flavonoid tangeretin (Prof. Dr. M. Mareel/ Prof. Dr. M. Bracke). Optimization of Radio-labelling techniques (PET, small animal PET and SPECT) and analysis methods (HPLC, NMR), in vivo and in vitro testing. Presented results at the congress of the European Association for Nuclear Medicine (Amsterdam 2002) and the Belgian Nuclear Medicine Association (Knokke 2003).
Skills and Expertise
Develop clinical trial protocolsmedical writingTranslate strategy into operational planscrmmedical information
Coach in Coaching and team leadership from Novartis 'get the leading edge' leadership program in 2017
Certified ACI graduate in from Academy of Competitive Intelligence in 2011
Certified Marketing Manager in from Marketing Centre Europe in 2007
Master of Pharmaceutical Sciences in from Universiteit Gent in 2001
High school in Latin-Mathematics from Sint-Jozef Klein Seminarie in 1996
Training and Certification
Academy of Competitive Intelligence in 2011 Certification