during the last 30 years i've developed extensive commercial skills and experience in the Healthcare business. over the last somewhat 15 years i held positions as Sales Manager and Managing Director in be(ne)lux IVD Diagnostic companies. deployed and managed commercial work in haematology, Clinical Chemistry, urine Testing, Immunology, coagulation, Microbiology, Virology and point of care Testing. Coaching and inspiring commercial and support teams from 10 up to 25 staff members, General Management in all of it's aspects. setting up of a company from scratch and building it up to a very profitable 5.5 mio euro business with a 9 people staff. continuous Change Management over the last 7 years, bringing in numerous new product lines, SAP and a european structured way of working (shared service center, central european warehouse), ISO certification and qa&ra into the local affiliate. Sales Management/Marketing Management/management by objectives/Project Management at high level. Team Building/people management/Coaching and Training of external as well as internal commercial staff. Business Development by developing and implementing new Diagnostic Algorithms to the market. third party Procurement)" >Supply Management.
first advisory project for remedus bvba: potential integration of poc Biomarker measurement in the first line of care and in the home hospitalisation context of the chronically ill.
Founder, freelance Advisory and Management
Since October 2014
Managing DirectorMarch 2010 --- May 2014
* building the team out to a 9 people staff, including 4 Sales reps, 1 support manager, 1 Controller, 2 customer support and pushing the revenue to somewhat 5.5 mio k€ * introduction of SAP, pan european way of working (shared service center, european warehouse) * successful introduction of new Diagnostic algorithm on parasites Testing (techlab) * further transfer of alere product lines from former distributors (standard Diagnostics, axis shield, medix)
Managing DirectorJanuary 2008 --- March 2010
* integrating the biosite activities in belux into the inverness medical portfolio and business model after aquisition. * assertive take over of inverness product lines (techlab, binax, clearview, determine) from distributors and integration in the belux portfolio all showing major growth after take over * preparation and execution of the brand name change to alere * successfull introduction of the new Diagnostic algorithm on c. diff Testing with techlab complete
Country ManagerFebruary 2004 --- December 2007
* foundation of the be(ne)lux affiliate of biosite inc and setting up structures and team * introduction of new Biomarkers and poc Testing in the Cardiology, emergency and Clinical Lab arena * almost tripling the business over a three year period (750 k€ tot 2.060 k€)
Sales Manager HematologyMarch 2002 --- December 2003
* responsible for Marketing and Sales in the Hematology field of IVD. next to some smaller distributions this mainly consisted of sale of the sysmex product line. * pushing further Automation and paperless work in the Hematology Lab, work already started under vwr international. * leaving this assignement behind with a 48% sysmex market share.
Sales Manager Hospital & Health SegmentFebruary 2001 --- March 2002
* managing a revenue of > 15 mio euro on all product lines and a team of 17 commercial and 8 after Sales people * revenue and p&l Forecasting, monthly reporting of achievements * set-up and implementation of Sales & Marketing actions * maintaining excellent contacts and Pricing negotations with third party suppliers
Field ManagerDecember 1992 --- January 2001
* responsible for all commercial field activities within the Hospitals&Healthcare segment also extending our activities to the Food and biotech segments * managing, Coaching and motivating a team of 4 account managers and 9 product specialists * successful introductions of the first rapid doa Testing (biosite) on the belux market * setting up of automated urine Analysis linking sysmex uf-100 with aution max dipstick in collaboration with clin. chem. department - University Hospital ghent and successfully introducing it to the belux market * direct Sales to key-accounts
Sales Representative Diagnostic InstrumentsJuly 1990 --- November 1992
* Sales of Diagnostic instruments (capital investment goods) in the areas of Clinical Chemistry (olympus, toshiba), Hematology (sysmex, stam) and coagulation (sysmex) * introducing and implementing the reagent rental Selling formula on the belgian market
Strategic thinkingSelf-disciplineProblem solvingProactivityOrganizationInterest in knowledgeIndependenceDominanceDiligenceCritical thinkingCoordinationCompetitivenessCollaborationAuthenticityAssertivenessWillingness to compromise
Biochemistry Diabetes Medical devices Negotiation LabtechnicianBiomarkersCardiovascular diseasesDiagnosticsELISAImmunofluorescenceIn VitroInfectious diseasesKOL managementLaboratoryMicrobiologymolecular biologyNegotiationPCRTeam LeadershipToxicology
Skills and Expertise
Interact with physicians Interact with nursesDirect co-workersFinancial reportsHandle callsNegotiate budget Negotiate payment schedulesNegotiationTrain off site staff
Bachelor Clinical Biology in Laboratory Technician from Katholieke Hogeschool Brugge-Oostende in 1977