i am currently working with doctors without borders. Public Health, Research, palliative care, malnutrition and Pediatrics are the domains that i prefer working in but in general i am curious to discover all aspects of Medicine and Healthcare.
hopefully i can complete the master in Public Health next year, i am very exited to explore this domain further and see what opportunities this master will bring along.
you are very welcome to contact me for Research and job opportunities in any field anywhere in the world.
MD (Medical Doctor)
Since February 2015
working with msf.
- 9 months in drcongo working in the emergency pool. here i spend time working in an ipd Pediatrics ward focussing on malnutrition and measles. i also worked briefly with sexual violence. and last i spend 2 months in a cholera Treatment centre where we had a peak of 120 patients per day admitted in the Hospital. towards the end my responsabilities shifted from MD towards responsable for the colera Treatment centre.
- 3 months in greece working in idomeni providing first line medical care.
- soon to leave for 6 months in mozambique setting up a malnutrition project.
Working with MSF.
- 9 months in DRCongo working in the emergency pool. Here I spend time working in an IPD pediatrics ward focussing on malnutrition and measles. I also worked briefly with sexual violence. And last I spend 2 months in a cholera treatment centre where we had a peak of 120 patients per day admitted in the hospital. Towards the end my responsabilities shifted from MD towards responsable for the colera treatment centre.
- 3 months in Greece working in Idomeni providing first line medical care.
- soon to leave for 6 months in Mozambique setting up a malnutrition project.
MD (Medical Doctor) Houthalen-Helchteren, BelgiumJune 2014 --- January 2015
gp in a multicultural setting in belgium. also providing Health Care in a safe house for abused woman and in a centre for mentally and physically disabled persons.
MD (Medical Doctor) Jinja, Eastern Region, UgandaOctober 2013 --- May 2014
doing voluntary work in a tertiary Hospital in uganda. working shifts in the pediatric ward, more specifically in the er and the malnutrition ward.
MD (Medical Doctor) BelgiumMarch 2011 --- August 2011
participating in the national vaccination program. doing consultations to monitor development and vaccination of under 5 year olds.
AdaptabilityAssertivenessCollaborationCommunicativeCreative thinkingCritical thinkingCuriosityFlexibilityInterest in knowledgeKindnessOrganizationProblem solvingResiliencyResponsibilityTrust
Master in Family Medicine from KULeuven in 2013
Post Graduate in Tropical medicine and introduction in public health from Tropical Institute Antwerp in 2011
Master in Physician from KULeuven in 2010
Training and Certification
First line medical care (how to supervise in a first line facility) MSF in 2016 Training
Palliative care in children in 2014 Training
An introduction to global health (University Copenhagen) in 2016 Certification
BLS in 2009 Certification
ECG in 2009 Certification