Head of MarketingJanuary 2013 --- February 2016
• responsible for go to market (b2c, business" rel="nofollow">B2B), brand comms, Marketing intelligence and online cx. • Coach 8 people. part of group projects on Marketing Databases and digital transformation. • lead brand comms (atl, btl), digital and content Marketing through a wide range of agencies.
• introduced brand positioning and brand Planning based on segment needs (b2c, business" rel="nofollow">B2B). • re-designed the online cx based on ux and customer journey mapping, increasing conversion rate by 21.5%. • launched content Marketing and customer conversation Strategy and organisation (b2c & business" rel="nofollow">B2B) with >5% fb interaction, building a 12k fb base in 2 years, e-newsletter 45% avg opening rates, and a nps of 36. • growing acquisition by 8.5% in 2015 in a declining market, and growing business" rel="nofollow">B2B leads in focus sectors. • re-inforced values driven Marketing (inside out) with customer insights (outside in) and brand Strategy.
Country Marketing ManagerJanuary 2005 --- June 2012
• end responsible for Brand Management in all categories. demand creation budget control. • Coaching 7 people. drive marketing Planning and creative processes. • lead brand communications and pr executions thru wide range of agencies. • deep understanding of marketing new technologies, Digital Marketing and Social Media conversation management. • co-lead with Country Manager yearly strategic reviews
• introduced digital sports (nike+), innovating customer experience beyond sports products through digital services. • defined 3-y strategic plan for football and achieving nr.1 position, surpassing adi after 40 years. • premium Partner program doubling specialists’ biz. rolled out across northern europe. • irreverent brand experiences for nike+ (run the city), beijing 2008 (racekim), world/european championships 2006-12 (eden hazard the chance activation, vincent kompany nsw story, joga3 event, facebook activation). • 2nd coolest brand award 2006-2011 (1.coke/3. apple), taking over from adi & puma in 2005.
Change Management project managerJanuary 2002 --- July 2004
• define Business Strategy, value chain & brand positioning in new target segment upon re-branding to base. • create consumer proposition, including Pricing, within financial constraints, and differentiate from competition • brief product requirements for development by it and co. • build and defend the business case in front of the board. manage a project team of 4 people.
• unlimited bundle offers highly rated in consumer panels, and finetuned for go-to-market. • radically new market approach successfully introduced into the market in 2005. • business case with positive ebitda within 12 months.
Market ManagerJanuary 1999 --- January 2002
• define brand and product Strategy for my talk, and lead brand actions to achieve financial & commercial targets. • monitor kpi’s, improve consumer experience and improve commercial processes. • Coach 2 market mgrs. responsible for subscriber acquisition cost Budgets.
• acquisition of 250.000 customers generating 45% of the company revenues in by 2002. • successful launch of 1st ever bundle product in the market, and introduction of new features • introduce innovative concepts like gsm buy-back, f1 distribution, handset packs.
Retail marketing co-ordinatorJanuary 1998 --- January 1999
• co-ordinate Communication and promotion projects in collab with other functional departments. • develop and roll-out shop standards and processes
• drive traffic to the chain, representing 30% of mobistar 1999 revenues • introduce chain guidelines for Sales processes, shop mgt and visual merchandising
Analytical thinkingAuthenticityCreative thinkingIndependenceInterest in knowledgeOptimismResult OrientedStrategic thinking
Skills and Expertise
Analytical skills Use content management systemsAdvise on strategyDesign marketing advertismentsDevelop marketing strategiesLead teamsManage vendor budgetsPeople management
Master in Cultural Studies from KU Leuven in 1993
Master-Doctorandus in Applied Economic Sciences from KU Leuven in 1992
Master in Applied Economics from KU Leuven in 1991
Humaniora in Latin-Greek from Sint-Lodewijkscollege in 1987
Training and Certification
From personal leadership to context builder (Kessels Smit, Living Systems Coaching) in 2010 Training
Digital Transformation Masterclass (Jo Caudron) in 2016 Certification
Business Model Canvas (Osterwalder) in 2015 Certification
Creatief Schrijven (Erik Vanhee) in 2014 Certification
Lateral Thinking (de Bono) in 2001 Certification