Lead Scientist R&D Study Director – Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills in French and English
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute research projects independently
- Computer literate including programming, ‘omics analyses, human genetics
- Mastery of data integration and visualization, cell culture, lentiviral expression systems, fluorescence microscopy, qRT-PCR, microarrays and flow cytometry
- Experienced supervisor for technical staff and trainees
- Ability to work independently as well as a team contributor
- Extremely reliable, persistent and hard worker
- Eager to learn, very open-minded
- Proven ability to adapt quickly to change
Lead Scientist Isnes, Belgium
Since September 2014
StratiCELL is a project-driven research services provider and aims to ensure the most up-to-date in vitro solutions at the highest scientific standards, with state-of-the-art equipment and technology platforms.
I am responsible for taking the scientific lead on innovation projects, coming up with new opportunities, developing new R&D projects, assessing the technical feasibility, taking scientific and technical decisions in close collaboration with the team and the CEO, conducting market research and technological watch, creating new collaborations and funding opportunities, and for external and internal communications related to R&D.
I have a strong background in molecular and cellular biology, cell culture, genomics, immunology, target discovery, epithelial biology and tissue engineering. I am a self-starter who can handle constant priority changes. I actively participate to answer questions "where to go" and "how to get there".
AdaptabilityAnalytical thinkingAssertivenessCollaborationCreative thinkingCritical thinkingCuriosityCoordinationFlexibilityEfficiencyInnovative thinkingInterest in knowledgeProactivityProblem solvingResponsibilitySelf-confidenceStrategic thinkingWillingness to compromise
Cell biologyBioinformaticsImmunocytochemistry (ICC)ImmunofluorescenceEnzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA)Immunohistochemistry (IHC)ImmunologySkinCancerlungAnimal ModelsMolecular & Cellular Biologymolecular biologyFlow CytometryConfocal MicroscopyHPLCTissue EngineeringgenomicData AnalysisData integrationOmicsMicroarraysTranslational ResearchBiomarker Discovery
Skills and Expertise
Analyze data Develop protocols Control data Guide students Interact with physicians Interpret data Molecular Diagnostics Report data Use a confocal microscopy Write papersAdjust methodsAdjust processes and methodsAdvise on medical perspectivesBiomarker Researchbudgeting of R&D activitiesConfocal microscopyDesign studyDevelop study budgetExecute scientific projectslifescienceManage projects resourcesManage study budgetManuscript preparation and reviewObtain grantsmanaging a small team
PostDoc in Integrative Genomics / Cancer Research from UBC Vancouver BC Canada in 2014
Ph.D. in Bioengineering from ULg in 2011
Bioscience Engineering in Molecular and Cellular Biology from ULg Belgium in 2007