I am a MBA (International Business) and Bachelor of Pharmacy graduate with extensive experience in the business development, market access and sales and marketing aspects of the Pharmaceutical industry in Ghana. I am a versatile, meticulous, analytical and an innovative person. I am a self-motivated, results-oriented and hard working person whose attitude is to achieve. I am a quick learner and a multi-skilled person with the ability to work under little or no supervision. I am a good team player, a good communicator and have good human relations and as such am able to mingle easily with different cultures and ethnic groups.
Key Account Manager and Product Specialist Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
Since May 2015
- Pipeline Products
- Produce and develop an insight driven product plan to deliver a flawless launch of the new product(s)
- Understand the market environment to identify business opportunities within the complex &changing healthcare structures
- Create environments and advocates that will assist in peer to peer sharing of clinical experience within both secondary and primary care settings
- Develop and align brand value propositions with local health economy objectives
- Influence preferential timely formulary decisions and other regional/national networks to establish market access for your product(s)
- Advance notification of product(s) and prices according to local laws
- Establish and manage KOL relationships
- Ensure local adaptation of relevant EMEA generated promotional materials prior to launch
Achievements: I put in a comprehensive application that saw two of my three start up products being included in the National Essential Medicines List and Standard Treatment Guidelines within 5 months in my new role.
- In addition, I applied for Tax exemption (specifically VAT) with the Ministry of Health for all three of my products(Caelyx, Velcade and Zytiga) for Janssen Pharmaceuticals of Johnson and Johnson.
- Pipeline Products
Local IT Support Officer Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
October 2014 --- April 2015
- I was responsible for the providing local IT support to the Ghana Team of Roche Products Ghana Limited as shown below:
- Worked with IT office from South Africa to ensure smooth transition of internet infrastructure from the old office to the new office
- Interfaced with IT office from South Africa to solve any IT issues being faced by the Ghana team
- Sent monthly report on IT issues and updates to the IT office in South Africa.
- Supported the Ghana team with all IT resources and aids to make work smooth and stress-free.
Regulatory Affairs Manager Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
January 2013 --- April 2015
I was responsible for the regulatory functions of Roche Products Ghana Limited as shown below:
- Advising on the most suitable time for submitting dossiers/new indications according to Roche Global timeframes and ensuring registration / approval by the health authority in the shortest possible time.
- Ensure maintenance of dossiers in accordance with corporate and local directives, guidelines, SOP’s and legislative requirements.
- Plan and monitor the departmental budgets on an ongoing basis.
- To ensure that Roche Pharma complies with all aspects of local legislation relating to medicines and pharmacy practice as well as other internal guidelines, directives and SOP’s.
- Ensure that the product registration portfolio reflects the business needs and objectives, in line with market trends and developments.
- Ensure that dossier submissions are in accordance with corporate, legislative and health authority requirements and are executed timeously.
- Assist the Product Teams with the approval of advertising materials ensuring that these are in line with the legal advertising requirements.
- Assist Quality Assurance with the final approval of packaging materials for the commercial packs.
- Provide advice and guidance to relevant Roche departments regarding local medicine and pharmacy legislation and pharmacy practice.
Establish and maintain relationships with key external market stakeholders (e.g. IMSA and MRA / MCC) in order to gather intelligence, share best practices and influence decision makers.
Product Lead and Medical Representative Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
March 2012 --- April 2015
Tasks: Responsible for Sales and Marketing of Roche pharmaceutical products in the Virology/Infectious Diseases portfolio (Pegasys and Rocephin) in the hospitals and pharmacies in Ghana (whole country).
- Classification of the key stakeholders within the customer portfolio in order to more effectively and efficiently manage and gauge one’s own interaction with these on an ongoing basis.
- Provided input to the Sales Manager and Product Manager with regards to establishing specific sales strategies in order to further sell Roche products.
- On an ongoing basis maintained an understanding and knowledge of competitor activity and market intelligence/trends, in order to timeously and appropriately respond to these.
- Ensured effective and professional service delivery (key account management, after-sales service, etc) in line with the set Roche business principles to all customers on an ongoing basis.
- Identify new possible clients as well as opportunities within existing clients in order to further grow business.
- Ensured that visibility is maintained with customers through ongoing contact and CRM.
- Ensured that all customer needs are accurately and proactively identified and attended to.
- On an ongoing basis monitored own customer performance and sales targets within their allocated promotional budgets in order to ensure that individual targets are met.
- Ensured that user and promotional forums (such as workshops, round-tables, CME (Continued Medical Education), sponsored meetings, congresses, etc) are planned and facilitated in conjunction with Product Managers.
- Paticipated in and provided feedback during the different Product Team Meetings regarding any developments, trends and success of the respective sales and marketing strategies.
- I was tasked with Office procedures in April 2013 – expected to prepare SOPs governing contracts (with pharma distributors, lawyers/legal services, car services company(ies), cleaning and electricals, fuel supply company(ies), hotels/accommodation for treks, communication company(ies), event organising company(ies), health insurance company(ies) travel agent(s), IT support, etc)
Achievements: - In the first and third cycles of 2014 when I was recognized as the best medical representative for my country in the sub-Saharan African region.
- Also, I motivated for Roche to support the Ministry of Health with the drafting and finalisation of the National Viral Hepatitis Policy which was accented by the Minister of Health in January 2015.
- In addition, I organised and coordinated the review of the 2009 version of the Treatment Guidelines for Chronic Hepatitis B and C into the new 2015 edition which was also accented to by the Minister of Health in March 2015.
- Again, I put in a comprehensive application for inclusion of Pegasys on the National Essential Medicines List (EML) and the Standard Treatment Guidelines (STGs) in 2015. Also, I applied for to the Chamber of Pharmacy for Pegasys to be given VAT exemption by the Ministry of Health in July 2015.
- During my first year of working with Roche Ghana Limited, I led the team (as the man in charge of Rocephin) to achieve a USD 1.1 million sales, from USD 500,000 (this was the first one million USD sales per product that Roche have ever realized in Ghana in one year since its inception in 1996). I also increased (in my first year) the sales of Pegasys significantly from USD 330,000 to USD 450,000.
- By my second year, my product portfolio (that is Virology portfolio, of which I was the only one in the whole country) had become the biggest among the three portfolios in Roche Ghana, making sales in excess of two million USD (with just two products). Whereas the other portfolios were making sales to the tune of one million USD (with three or more products and two people per portfolio)
Territory Manager & Medical Representative Eastern and Volta Regions - Ghana
July 2009 --- February 2012
- Reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (C.E.O) and also responsible for Sales and Marketing of pharmaceutical products in the hospitals, pharmacies and licensed chemical shops in the territory.
- Manages and controls the inventory to ensure adequate stocks to meet the demand created from the marketing of pharmaceutical products.
- Manages the staff to ensure good customer relations and team work with good work-colleague relationships.
- Handles ALL tender processes and lobbying for my company in the territory.
- Have established the Ernest Chemists Branch in the Volta Region and made it a force to reckon with in the territory. Became the third (3rd) best performing branch (Volta Branch) in the company for the third (3rd) quarter of the year 2009 which happened to be the first 3 months of my presence in the region.
- Demonstrated strong crisis management skills in preventing the threatened loss of key customers to competition; aggravated by the exits of senior marketers that had joined competitors
- Participated in the strategy development for value chain integration/synergy of the Marketing division.
- Improved Credit Risk appraisal and management accumulating into a 99.5% Trade Account Receivable (TAR) Performance for the year
Medical Representative and Territory Manager Northern, Upper East and Upper West Regions, Ghana
May 2008 --- June 2009
- Rebuilt and turned around the territorial sales to become one of the largest ECL sales district
- Improved Credit Risk appraisal and management accumulating into a 99.0% Trade Account Receivable Performance for a territory that collapsed based on poor TAR
I added over 25 new institutional clients and 5 lost institutional clients to the existing clientel database of the northern branch of Ernest Chemist Ltd and also expanded the territory by successfully adding Kintampo North and South Districts of the Brong Ahafo Region.
Medical Representative Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
February 2008 --- April 2008
- Marketing of pharmaceutical products in the various hospitals/clinics, pharmacies and chemical shops in the Greater Accra Region.
- I successfully marketed and sold a huge stock of Natural Appetite Stimulant (NAS) Syr sitting in the warehouse into big hospitals like Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital, Police Hospital, 37 Military Hospital, Ridge Hospital, etc
AdaptabilityAnalytical thinkingApproachabilityAssertivenessAttention to detailAuthenticityCollaborationCommunicativeCompetitivenessCreative thinkingCritical thinkingDependabilityDiligenceEfficiencyInnovative thinkingInterest in knowledgeOptimismOrganizationProactivityProblem solvingResiliencyResponsibilityResult OrientedSelf-confidenceSociabilitySelf-disciplineStrategic thinkingTrust
Actions and modes of action of drugs in the human speciesBiopharmaceuticalsBudget ProcessCAPAClinical pharmacologyDrug development processCross-functional team leadershipEthics submission and approval processGMPGood Manufacturing Practice (GMP)HospitalsInterpret clinical trial resultsKnowledge of the drug development processMarketing Authorisation Application (MAA)New Drug Application (NDA)Patient Screening and Recruitmentpeople managementPharmaceutical IndustryPharmacyPreventative medicineProblem-solving methods and troubleshootingProcess improvementSOPUnderstand how results translate to practice
Skills and Expertise
Analyze data Create SOPs Interact with nurses Interact with physiciansCollaborate with medical teamForecasting of drug productFinancial reportsNegotiate budget Negotiate payment schedulesNegotiate protocol details NegotiationNew indications of marketed drugObserve trends in dataOffice managementOral presentationOrganise meetingsOrganise steering committeePresent clinical resultsPromotional materialsRegulatory documentationRegulatory submissions
Master in Business Administration (International Business) from Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology in 2011
Bachelor in Pharmacy from Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology in 2006
Training and Certification
Selling Skills Training in 2015 Training
Selling Skills Training in 2013 Training
Advanced Selling Skills Training - Versatile Representative in 2014 Certification
High Impact Presentation Skills in 2014 Certification
New Guidelines for Registration of Allopathic Medicines in Ghana in 2014 Certification
Effective Negotiation Skills Training in 2013 Certification