- Perseverant problem solver mastering complex projects in product development & product life cycle management.
- Passionate about customer satisfaction. Customer is the center of all activities when developing, positioning, marketing, promoting and selling products or services.
- Ambitious and highly motivated to learn; a dedicated, creative problem solver, skilled at analyzing contexts and managing projects.
Intl Product Manager ELAMA, Whole Blood & Automated Technologies, region ELAMA Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Bad Homburg, Germany
Since December 2014
With Frequent International Travel (35%)
Division: Fresenius Kabi Region EU, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, Australia & New Zealand (ELAMA), Branch Medical Devices Transfusion Technology
Reporting to the Director Transfusion Technology, no team & budget responsibility
- Managing Automated Blood Technologies (ABT) product section of apheresis & plasma medical devices and related products such as Amicus, Aurora, COMTEC & DXT Relay Data Tool
- Working with market units, global product management ABT, R&D and manufacturing to develop timelines and market introduction plans for product maintenance, design, development and release process
- Supporting market units (MUs) with all their requests in product related questions, change requests, launches, range extension & tender business
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research by visiting and/or interviewing markets & customers/non-customers
- Kept close contact to end users in order to monitor trends and market developments
- Developing the core positioning and messaging for the product in cooperation with the global product management
- Documenting, recording & reporting on the local market & competitor activities
- Revised market & sales data packages from all reporting units together with market intelligence team as means of the mid-term-strategy forecasting process
- Presented ELAMA forecasting results to ELAMA president & ELAMA sub-regional managers during strategy meetings
- Organized & conducted one week initial product training course (“iPTC”) for new
- product managers to train product portfolio, marketing and positioning of transfusion technology articles
- Developed, designed, implemented and provided application training for products within a continuous training program series for Fresenius Kabi employees and also to distributors during regular bi-annual distributor meetings
- Launched new platelet collection device AmiCORE during live webmeetings and at annual marketeers meeting for whole ELAMA region in Q1 2016
- Wrote articles in the regional newsletter to update all ELAMA MUs on sales, market, projects, literature & competition
- Defined the content and animate the ELAMA Regional Marketing Meetings
- Participated in relevant international congress (i.e. ISBT, ISCT)
- Maintained project documentation and projects plans in timely manner and provide regular update to ABT application specialist for device implementation & validation projects, especially for DXT Relay data management solutions
- Maintaining relationship to sub regional business operations, local product managers & sales teams, ELAMA region teams (RA, Supply Chain, Finance) and global business team ABT Acquired knowledge of automated collection of blood components by apheresis devices for therapeutic purpose & for fractionation in hospitals & plasma centres
Global Jr. Product Manager, BPS Disposbales, Whole Blood Technologies Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Bad Homburg, Germany
January 2012 --- November 2014
With Occasional International Travel (16 %)
Division: Global Product Management Medical Devices, Branch Transfusion Technology Headed by Dr. Christian Hauer, Member of the Fresenius Kabi Board
Reported to VP Business Unit Whole Blood Technology and Director BPS Disposables, no team & budget responsibility
- Interface to regional product managers of the business regions Europe Middle-East (EME), Europe Latin America, Africa (ELAMA) and Asia Pacific (AP) to globally communicate product changes and implications, market launches and coordinated processes with all relevant global functions to fulfill product requests & comply with product requirements of the Whole Blood Technology (WBT) product section
- Responsible for stem cell product concept: generating a comprehensive portfolio of existing products to serve for stem cell therapeutic applications (cord blood collection, processing, stem cell freezing container, COMTEC as therapeutic apheresis device) & its promotion by sales brochure
- Responsible for initially developing business to launch LOVO cell washing device in EU, incl. market analyses, defining pilot markets, determination of customer segments, promotion and initiation of pre-sales by tracking prospective customers in biotech industries (Sold 4 devices)
- Performed stem cell market analysis to determine trend & base for stem cell concept
- Suggested collaboration with Italian company to sell state-of-the-art cryopreservation portfolio (Haemopharm, IT)
- Generated & published product information packages (PIPs) for CompoFlex® in-line systems, BioR/BioP filtrations systems, cryopreservation systems & stem cell product portfolio in the company’s intranet to inform MUs worldwide on products & their positioning
- Processed, pursued and communicated product change requests (PCRs) from MUs to R&D centers in the Netherlands and Italy to accelerate new product developments, modifications & changes to satisfy customers, incl. changes in specifications, IFUs, labels
- Conducted international application training sessions on stem cell portfolio & special products for Fresenius Kabi country product managers
- Supported WBT blood bags streamlining project by delivering strategic input information, e.g. COP, sales, budget to draw decisions on product phase-in/phase-out
- Responsible for transitioning & integrating blood bag containers, special disposables and apheresis solution products of Fenwal, Inc. into Fresenius Kabi’s portfolio after M&A
- Analyzed sales dashboards for disposable portfolio to recommend actions for business strategy & targets (e.g. COP reduction, strategic ASP)
- Author of report analyzing company value & prospects as decision base for company acquisition to support board member
- Interrogated KOLs on market trends & future product demand for annual KOL meetings
- Acquired knowledge of manual collection and processing of blood components: Red Blood Cells (RBCs), White Blood Cells (WBCs), Platelets (PLTs) and plasma (PL) in blood banks
Director Marketing Rostock, Germany
April 2010 --- December 2011
Reported to CEO and Medical Director
- Product launch of EXTAN™ - a diagnostic kit system for genetic testing of rare diseases on-site in laboratories. CE marking. Determining target markets & pricing.
- Molecular diagnostics market & competitor analyses; pricing comparisons.
- Initiated and managed CLIA laboratory certification for the US market.
- Telephone marketing to identify new customers and manage existing customer groups.
- Corporate design: selected new advertisement agency, initiated & realized redesign of www.centogene.com, took care of the Centogene’s website, e-mail footer, brochures, ads, promotion and exhibitions (e.g. ESHG conference exhibition 2011).
- Mailings, newsletters and ads.
AdaptabilityAnalytical thinkingSociabilityResponsibilityProblem solvingInterest in knowledgeFlexibilityCuriosityCreative thinkingCoordinationAuthenticity
Biochemistry Cell biology Lab scale batches R&DAnalytical techniquesAntibodiesApplicationsBiomedical SciencesBioprocessingBiotechnologyCE CertificationCell Based AssaysCell CultureCell SignalingCellular Product DevelopmentcGMPCompetitive AnalysisELISAEngineeringEntrepreneurshipFACSFlow CytometryFluorescence MicroscopyForecastingGel ElectrophoresisGene therapyGermanGlobal MarketingGood Manufacturing Practice (GMP)High Throughput Screening (HTS)HematologyICH guidelinesImmunoassaysImmunocytochemistry (ICC)ImmunofluorescenceImmunohistochemistryImmunohistochemistry (IHC)ImmunologyImmunoprecipitationInternational Project ManagementKnowledge of the drug development processLaboratoryLaboratory ResearchLaboratory ManagementLife SciencesMarket AnalysisMarket developmentMarketing CommunicationsMarketing StrategyMedical DevicesProteomicsPricingNeuroscienceMolecular DiagnosticsMetabolism
Skills and Expertise
Analytical skillsCommunicationConduct literature searches.Conduct university research Coordinate projectsWork cross-functionallyTrain Staff
PhD in Neurobiology from Univeristy of Ulm in 2009
Master in Biochemistry from University of Leipzig in 2004
Training and Certification
Project Management in 2014 Certification
Product Management in 2013 Certification
General Cultural Awareness in 2012 Certification
Dr. biol.hum. in 2009 Certification
Dipl.-Biochem. in 2004 Certification
Expert has 1 publications (Will be avalible with full profile)