Head of Automation - Genomics and HTS Israel
Since May 2012
- Full technical and managerial responsibility for the automation in two departments of a highly regarded academic institution.
- Working closely with Laboratory management, R&D and engineering teams to provide customised automation strategy.
- Built, integrated and rolled out automation platforms in a new and developing laboratory using Agilent Bravo, Biomek, Innovadyne Nanodrop, Thermo Mulidrop, Biotek, GNF, PHERAstar, Labcyte Echo, HighRes A-Cell, BNX 1536, Liconic Incubators and Andrew Alliance.
- Good understanding of Hamilton Venus software
- Extensive experience in generating automated assay protocols variety of screens.
- Preparing NGS libraries following commercial and homemade protocols.
- Ensuring that automation processes are standardized by devising and updating SOPs.
- Identify new opportunities to introduce automation to the lab, including international visits to automation equipment vendors and exhibitions to determine best system in terms of suitability and budget.
- Extremely high technical insight and an ability to think outside the box when troubleshooting system problems. Have worked with engineers to provide custom made solutions to technical issues when standard problem solving methods have failed.
- Regular training sessions and updates with lab technicians on automation processes.
- Providing general automation solutions for other laboratories within the Weizmann Institute.
- Participation in automation conferences, for example SLAS, to discover latest automation developments.
Attention to detailAdaptabilityApproachabilityCollaborationCompetitivenessCoordinationCreative thinkingCuriosityDependabilityDiligenceEfficiencyFlexibilityIndependenceIndividualityInnovative thinkingInterest in knowledgeKindnessOptimismOrganizationOrientationPerspectiveProactivityProblem solvingResiliency
Cell biologyAutomationBiologyCell Based AssaysELISAEnglishGenomicsHigh Throughput Screening (HTS)IntegrationISO 9001LaboratoryLaboratory SkillsLife Sciencesnext generation sequencingOutlookPCRProblem Solvingreal-time PCR
Skills and Expertise
Create SOPs Develop protocols Write protocols
M.Sc. in Biology from THE HEBREW UNIVERSITY OF JERUSALEM in 2007