•a track record of delivering trend beating Pharmaceutical Sales growth through insight led Strategy. three major brand re-launches, in different companies and therapy areas, supported by a structured analytical approach, a willingness to make meaningful choices and a meticulous approach to Change Management.
•successful experience of leading and motivating cross-functional teams to deliver innovative launch and lifecycle plans (Marketing, Market access, medical affairs, regulatory, Clinical Development, tech ops). i am passionate about developing the people who work for and with me, as evidenced by multiple Training and Change Management projects.
i am looking for:
i am seeking new opportunities, please feel free to contact me at:
firstname.lastname@example.org +32 499 549 709
Senior Director, Global Launch and Lifecycle Strategy Brussels, BelgiumApril 2013 --- November 2014
overseeing all aspects of launch Strategy and life cycle planning for ucb’s first global launch in 5 years. accountable for an operating budget of over 5m€ and managing an cross-functional team (located across 4 sites in eu and us) including marketing, Market access, Market research, medical affairs, bio-Statistics, pre-Clinical, Clinical, legal, Finance, technical Operations, regulatory and regional Leadership.
· led approval of 10 year life-cycle plan to optimise value for these sub-populations – included scenario planning and trigger points for Clinical (Phase III and iiib), commercial and technical solutions (Formulations, patient support and Diagnostics)
· mobilised global, regional and local resources to develop global launch plans and npv modelling. these plans were independently validated by boston Consulting group, resulting in additional headcount and opex
· led 4 Global Marketing capability improvement work streams focusing on ‘brand positioning’, ‘Strategic Planning’, ‘launch excellence’ and ‘lifecycle management’ resulting in new ways of working for all ucb brands
Director, Global Marketing VIMPAT Brussels, BelgiumJanuary 2011 --- March 2013
· rapidly identified gaps and led global cross-functional work-streams resulting in more focused brand positioning and implementation of meaningful customer Segmentation
· more focused approach and insight incorporated into ‘move forward’ neurologist campaign (first global campaign for vimpat), resulting in trend beating new prescription share in us and eu5 markets
· led multiple cross-functional work streams assessing new indications and bd opportunities
· led global Change Management programs to improve brand performance tracking, focusing on: market dynamics, corporate and brand equity, and internal alignment/execution
Marketing Director, Romania Bucharest, RomaniaNovember 2009 --- August 2010
accountable for developing and implementing Marketing Strategy for a portfolio of brands, branded generics and generics with a focus on oncology, cardiovascular, Rheumatology, Neurology and Diabetes (Sales of 110m€ equivalent). Member of affiliate executive committee and responsible for engaging and developing 11 direct reports.
· tasked with integrating sanofi aventis and zentiva personnel, i collaborated with local academic centres and companies to develop a motivational Training program, with emphasis on external thinking, collaboration and decision-making, resulting in improved Strategic Planning and willingness to change.
· re-organised team to focus on growth brands and priority accounts resulting in improved roi and payment terms
UK Head of Marketing, Thrombosis Franchise Guildford, United KingdomSeptember 2007 --- November 2009
leading a cross-functional team of 14 (direct and indirect reporting), managing 4 indications with access to 4 field teams. working as an active Member of global brand team for clexane and thrombosis pipeline products
· rapidly re-prioritised promotional focus and developed a pan-brand messaging platform leading to consistent delivery of above target growth on base Sales of over £100m
· launched consumer awareness (dtc) pilot for patients at risk for Hospital acquired dvt. highly innovative permission cascade from the Chief Medical Officer’s implementation working group through to local Health economies and Hospital trusts. this included a successful co-funding pilot with east of england strategic Health authority
· successfully lobbied for Risk Assessment protocols for every country and inclusion of blood clots within nhs national operating framework (level 1 - national priority) and nice quality indicators
· developed Market access strategies for new thrombosis therapies (hta and patient positioning)
Brand Leader, UK Urology Franchise Basingstoke, United KingdomFebruary 2005 --- August 2007
managed two cross-functional teams (direct and indirect reporting) including Marketing, medical, Market research, Market access, pr, pa, digital, Finance, regulatory, legal, Supply Chain and Sales force Analytics
Brand Manager, UK Consumer Mobilisation Lead Basingstoke, United KingdomFebruary 2003 --- February 2005
managing consumer programs for erectile dysfunction (ed) and stress urinary incontinence (sui)
· secured global funding to pilot female-Partner-focused campaign for ed, the first campaign aimed at non-users of the product, and resulting in industry leading cost-per-response rates and exceeded roi
Applied Biology in Biology from University of Leeds in 1995