Senior Consultant Cape Town, South Africa
Since August 2016
Full-time in-house consultant assisting a client to transition from a CAM contract manufacturing to become a GMP compliant A-grade pharmaceutical facility. This includes the establishment of:
• Risk based approach to Quality.
• A Pharmaceutical Quality Management System (PQMS)
• SOPs and documentation systems.
• Establishing a Site Master File.
• Establishment of a Master Validation Plan for qualification and validation of systems including HVAC, RO Water, Environmental and Cleaning Validation.
• Training, Change Management, Quality Review, Internal inspections and Vendor Audits.
June 2004 --- July 2016
• Branch Manager and Head Prescription Medicines Kazakhstan 2013 – 2016 64 people.
• Project Manager EM Portfolio Enhancement: Ingelheim DE. 2010 – 2013
• Director Strategy (BI South Africa) 2009 – 2010
• Responsible Pharmacist 2009 -2011
• Business Development and Exports Manager 2006 – 2009
• Global liaison with NGO’s on ARV (nevirapine) supply’s
• Supply Chain and Logistics Manager with responsibility for CFC inhaler manufacturing and phase out. 2004 – 2006
Senior Consultant International
June 1999 --- October 2004
• Interim CEO and RP South Africa and Sub-Sahara Africa Ranbaxy International.
• International Speaker.
• Established Pharmacy Direct (Courier service pharmacy).
Various Roles in CIBA and Sandoz Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
January 1987 --- January 1999
• CEO of Rolab/Sandoz South Africa: (~400 Staff) 1997- 1999
• Responsible Pharmacist 1997 - 1999
• Business Development and Exports Manager 1996 - 1997
• Project Manager: 1994 – 1996
• Sales Manager: 1992 - 1994 • Product Manager Voltaren (diclofenac): 1989 - 1992
• Sales and Product Trainer: 1988 - 1989
• Hospital Representative responsible for State tenders: 1987 – 1988
Analytical thinkingAssertivenessStrategic thinkingProblem solvingApproachabilityCreative thinkingInnovative thinkingInterest in knowledge
GenericGeneric PharmaceuticalsBiosimilarsCustomer RelationsAccount ManagementBusiness Process ImprovementBusiness StrategycGMPChange ManagementCoachingComplianceContinuous ImprovementCross-functional team leadershipInternational Project ManagementLeadershipLife SciencesMarketing StrategyMicrosoft ExcelMicrosoft OfficeMicrosoft ProjectMicrosoft WordMicrosoft PowerpointNew Business DevelopmentPharmaceutical ManufacturingProcess improvementProduct managementProject ManagementProject Portfolio ManagementRisk ManagementRoot Cause Analysis (RCA)Sales EffectivenessStrategic PlanningSupply Chain ManagementTeam Leadership
Skills and Expertise
Administer logisticsAdvise on strategy Analytical skills Analyze dataAchieve sales objectivesAttend at steering committee meetingsAttend steering committeeCoachCoordinate logisticsCoordinate projectsCoordinate recallsData miningDefine market needsDevelop business planDevelop marketing strategiesDevelop supply strategyDevelop supply plansDirect co-workersDirect co-workers to achieve resultEstablish contractsEstablish professional relationships with partnersEstablish relationships with Key Opinion LeadersEvaluate licensing opportunitiesForecasting of drug productIdentify risksImplement marketing plansInteract with KOLInventory ManagementLabeling compliance with local regulationsLiaise with professionals in other divisions of the company as requiredlifescienceMaintain Key Account plansMaintain strong relationshipsManage budgetsManage complexityManage contractors Organise steering committeePeople managementproject managementWork cross-functionally
Master’s Degree in Engineering/Industrial Management from University of Pretoria/Universiteit van Pretoria in 1997
Post graduate Honours Degree in Marketing/Marketing Management, General from University of South Africa/Universiteit van Suid-Afrika in 1994
B.Pharm in Pharmacology, Pharmaceutics, Chemistry from North-West University/Noordwes-Universiteit in 1983
Training and Certification
Leadership Development Novartis in 1999 Training
Negotiation Skills in 1997 Training
Advanced Marketing Management in 1990 Training
Financial Management for non-finance managers in 1995 Certification
Becoming a Triple-Threat Project Manager Certification
Big Data Foundations Certification
CQI IRCA Certification
Data Science and Analytics Career Paths and Certifications Certification
Introduction to Data Science Certification
Project Management Simplified Certification
The Basics of Data for Analytics Certification