Controller - FP&A Amsterdam, NetherlandsJune 2017 --- February 2018
fp&a strategic business Partner closely working with the country and functional leaders to drive understanding of business performance and lead process improvement initiatives within fp&a, supporting the wider transformation agenda and providing key financial insights to Executive Management. key role in all aspects of the Financial Analysis & controlling function, including developing, interpreting and implementing financial concepts for control, prepared analysis of management profit-and-loss statement, monitored risk and opportunities and reported on findings to make recommendations to the senior management.
- led the global coordination of corporate annual Planning process, including setting up targets, kpi definitions, ensured country plans are in line with strategic guidelines and presented the consolidated plan to the cfo.
- key Member of the core SAP bpc implementation project team representing corporate fp&a – successfully completed the migration of financial data and reporting from hyperion to bpc. designed, built, tested the new reports and metrics on the SAP bpc platform, following the requirements defined by senior management with the core team and external consultants, using an agile methodology.
- key role in preparing fp&a Presentations and communicating with senior management. created a new set of monthly decks presented by the cfo to the supervisory board and country managing directors / Finance directors.
Financial Analyst 's-Hertogenbosch, NetherlandsNovember 2013 --- February 2017
transferred to 's-hertogenbosch office in netherlands to be part of the emea Finance for the channel distribution business unit, which generates more than $2 billion Sales globally, and over $500 mn in emea. provided active and on-going engagement with business Leadership, other departments and business units in utilizing data and support with various Analytics to recommend courses of action and facilitate decision making process. -collaborated with channel emea regional Sales teams to build reasonable Sales plan and forecast and provide financial insight to plan execution. - global opex process Owner & Coordinator for the b.u. explain the key drivers behind major variances to plan and prior period, forecast & budget. - Sales incentive design to support Business Strategy and Automation through Process development. - developed processes, implemented and ensured proper execution of best practice policies and procedures including Financial Reporting (lean Finance) - supported in development & implementation of an automated workflow process for stock rotation. - adhered to month-end close procedures, prepare accruals and reconciliation statements. - conducted economic Research, Analysis of management p&l and reports on findings to make recommendations to management. created financial-models of what-if scenarios to help future Planning decisions. - integrated and supported a 3rd party point of sale (pos) application into the organization’s information systems globally, measuring pos and create business insights; to not only communicate results, but find opportunities for fact-based Selling, based on consumer and industry insights, behavior trends and distributor and market intelligence. developed new product, customer penetration, churn reporting.
Finance ManagerJanuary 2012 --- October 2013
transferred to darmstadt office in germany to be part of the global commercial Finance for the newly formed channel business unit, which generates over $2 billion in Sales globally. co-led a major strategic shift in te's global go-to-market model. supported in the designing and implementation of a plan to streamline the company's distribution channel from 1,200 distributors to less than 200 strategic partners while also transferring more than 10,000 small customers into the channel. - built and developed new coding structures for the b.u and created a p&l and a series of reports to track and monitor the performance of our channel partners including retention & tam to dtam. - supported the global customer care management in setting up Customer Service lean Strategy to help the team improve the performance & reduce cost of serve by transferring the transactional data processing to india.
Business Unit & Plant ControllerJanuary 2007 --- January 2011
- key Member of plant management team. oversaw Accounting, costing, Budgeting, Forecasting - conducted financial Planning & Analysis for cis business unit in india with an annual turnover of usd 100 million. - business unit Financial Controller for emerging markets (india, middle east, eastern europe, russia israel & turkey) -drive the regional execution of the financial strategies and objectives and ensure alignment with business strategies and objectives - actively influenced and supported Six Sigma initiative development. driving Six Sigma philosophy and supporting all related initiatives with a focus on achieving star 3 level rating for bangalore plant - monitor Compliance with payment term discipline, collection targets. ensured collections target are met monthly. ar provision forecast, Planning, and periodical credit reviews, customer visits. - coordinated and assisted with periodical inventory counts and audits. - prepared profit cost Analysis on new capital expenditures to assure payback on investment. - cost center Analysis, factory overhead Analysis, Manufacturing variances, development of annual budget. - took initiative &implemented approval system for special freights. - evaluating and adapting systems in consultation with functional heads for smooth functioning of various Operations including purchase, costing etc. - played an active role in the pac (project approval committee) by contributing from the Finance perspective to ensure the selection and focus on the 'right' projects.
Group lead - Business analysisJanuary 2005 --- January 2007
ensuring analytical support for functions/business units within te entailing collection analysis and presentation of data, business performance analysis and submitting the presentation to the top management. - managing a team of 9: recruitment, building the team, assigning responsibilities, create the right culture, Personal Development, talent assessment, rewards & recognition. - lead the transition to more web based reporting which streamlined the Business Analysis reporting - managed the Business Analysis back office migration from europe & us to india, reducing support costs
business analystJanuary 2004 --- January 2005
- Analysis, consolidation and reporting of financial data to support decision making for all levels of management of business unit globally. - automated regular reports, was accountable for identifying various existing reports and studying necessity for existing reports, availability in SAP and possible alternatives and improvements.
Exec - Revenue AssuranceJanuary 2003 --- January 2004
- identify the errors pertaining to rating, rate plan and scheme, pass necessary correction reports to respective departments prior to the bill run for voice and dsl lines, other mis & revenue reports, value tariff plan Analysis, monitoring forced cancellations and re-activations, preparation of presentation for bcc & Finance, liaison with it, technical, customer care, Marketing, Sales and accounts to provide services related and subscriber related information
Systems & Quality ExecutiveJanuary 2001 --- January 2003
-resolving customer complaints and actioning service related call logs and service requests raised by the customer care within specified tat (turn around time), daily reports to coo and hods on call log audit, responsible for data administration of prepaid and mco stream, preparing periodical reconciliation statements between switch and billing system, preparing score cards and performance tracking for franchisees.
AdaptabilityAnalytical thinkingApproachabilityAssertivenessAttention to detailCollaborationCommunicativeCritical thinkingDependabilityIndependenceInnovative thinkingOrganizationResult OrientedStrategic thinkingTrust
Skills and Expertise
Analytical skills Analyze data Control data Create SOPs Interpret data Report dataAdvise on strategy
Bachelor's Degree in Commerce from Mahatma Gandhi University in 2001
Vocational Higher Secondary : Marketing & Salesmanship in Marketing from S.R.V. V.H.S.E Ernakulam in 1998
Training and Certification
Cognos Certified professional in 0000 Certification
Leadership Way Workshop in 0000 Certification