HEC Paris Grande Ecole degree (2002) and degree in International Taxation at Université Paris II Assas (2002)
I first spent 2 years as a junior auditor at Ernst & Young and 1.5 years as a restructuring consultant at Kroll Talbot Hughes (ex-KPMG Recovery), both in France
I joined Amgen in 2005
- first 2,5 years as Audit Manager (operational, financial, compliance & ethics and SOX audits)
- then 2.5 years as FP&A Manager for Amgen Belgium (budgets, latest estimates, management reporting, cost analyses and partnering with the business to support decisions)
- from July 2010 to September 2012, I was the Head of Finance. Responsible for the total profitability of the affiliate. I was part of the management team and represented Belgium Finance at Business & Budget reviews.
- Since October 2012, I am working in R&D Finance for Amgen European R&D headquarters, based in Uxbridge, UK.
Skills and Expertise
- Shaping an organisation based on strategic objectives, building and analysing scenarios, monitoring profitability
- Identifying and following R&D KPIs, controlling R&D budget (from fundamental research to clinical research to commercialisation)
- Business partnering, modelling, decision support
- FP&A (Sales and OPEX)
- Consolidation and statutory accounts
- Audit, internal controls: Risk analysis, Assessment of design and operational effectiveness of controls, Design of solutions addressing root cause of risks
- Supervising general accounting, working on working capital (credit control, accounts payable)
- Team management (recruitment, animation, development, restructuring)
Head of International R&D Finance
Since January 2015
Team leader for International R&D Finance. Reporting to VP of R&D Finance, I supervise 3 employees over 3 locations in the UK and Germany. I am the head of Finance for the Amgen Research Munich entity (member of the management team, business partner of the Managing Director and the departments heads/Budget owners). I am the point of contact for R&D Finance outside the US.
HQ R&D Finance Senior Manager
September 2012 --- December 2014
Finance Business Partner for Development in Europe (Study Management, Study Operations, Feasibility, Biostats, Scientific Affairs, Therapeutic Areas, Observational Research). Drive the budget process = defining OPEX (by function) and Direct Outside Expenses (by product) targets, ensuring proper prioritization of activities across the portfolio, preparing budget review decks for Regional and Global R&D leaders, coordinating the Budget process with our US-based R&D colleagues. Leader of a cross-functional team of 15 (Finance and Program Management). Ensure accurate quarterly and year-end OPEX landing by providing financial information to my clients (data and explanations). Advisor to enable financial trade-offs. Finance representative in different projects incl. Country Footprint Rationalization (where I created a Net Present Value model for the project). I also validated the savings calculation model for a contract worker rate renegotiation project across 23 countries. Super-user during the implementation of the “Oracle Hyperion” planning and reporting solution.
Senior Manager - Head of Finance
July 2010 --- September 2012
Monitoring P&L (sales, OPEX et profitability) of the affiliate. Part of the Management Team. Business partner of the General Manager and the departments heads/Budget owners. Lead the implementation of a contract management & pricing system in 2011.
Manager Financial Planning & Analysis
April 2008 --- June 2010
Planning and Analysis of Operating Expenses for Amgen n.v., the Belgian affiliate of Amgen Inc. - Leading budget process, preparing budget and forecasts - Monthly monthly management reports and ad-hoc analyses - Monthly accrual preparation - Prepared business and budget review - Procurement missions US GAAP context.
Manager Corporate Audit
October 2005 --- March 2008
Risk assessments/analysis and audits of both design and operating effectiveness of controls. Compliance, financial, operational and SOX Audits.
July 2004 --- September 2005
Performance of independent business reviews (IBR), building of business plans, financial and/or operational restructuring, financial due diligences, assistance to French receivership
September 2002 --- June 2004
Audit specialized in manufacturing companies. Statutory and consolidated accounting, financial analysis. External audit of Renault and Wendel Investissement
Finance and Tax assistant
September 2000 --- June 2001
Financial and tax analyses (including VAT) and project management in a multi-cultural context (Euro conversion).
CuriosityService orientedStrategic thinkingSelf-disciplineSelf-confidenceResult OrientedProblem solvingOptimismCollaborationAdaptabilityTrustProactivityKindness
Skills and Expertise
Analytical skillsFinancial administrationFinancial reportsFollow-up of external auditsFollow-up of internal auditsWork cross-functionallyStorytellingSolve problemsPeople managementManage multiple projectsManage complexityManage budgetsIdentify risksDirect co-workers to achieve resultCoach staff
Master of Science in International Tax from Université Panthéon Assas (Paris II) in 2002
Master of Science in Management (Grande Ecole) in Finance, International Tax, Law from HEC Paris in 2002
Prep School in Economics (HEC) from Lycée Privé Sainte Geneviève in 1998
High School Diploma in Mathematics and Physics from French "Baccalauréat in 1996