SUMMARY OF MY PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITY
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,
Thank you for getting in touch regarding opportunities in your company. Please find here some reasons that lead me to refocus my activity so many times.
- I graduated from Engineering School in Liège in 1986 with 4 great distinctions in 1986 as Ing. In Electricity and Electronics. I was directly hired by the SIEMENS HEALTHCARE in company in Brussels in the field of medical CAT scanners. I spent 11 years in this position, acquiring more and more technical knowledge (2 years of education in Germany most of all), and they offered me the possibility to get a management responsibility of a technical team of 8 technicians in Belgium and Luxemburg. I was also from time to time member of the international call-center in the headquarters of the company in Erlangen, Germany. I have received the Bronze Medal of Labor of Belgium and a EUR-ING degree in Medical Imaging for that job.
- For personal reasons (divorce) I chose to move to another position inside the SIEMENS Company. They offered me a tax-free position in Luxemburg with responsibility to install the first MRIs scanners of the country. I also added an extra experience in conventional radiology, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, dentistry and more. I stayed four years in that position.
- In 2004 the PHILIPS MEDICAL SOLUTIONS made a sales top performance in Luxemburg. They got a market of 18 imaging devices in a row (2 million €). As I was the only foreigner in the technical team in Luxemburg, I became redundant and they proposed me to work worldwide and not tax-free anymore. So I made the decision to move to PHILIPS MEDICAL SOLUTIONS to stay in Luxemburg.
- Unfortunately, it was a bad decision: PHILIPS provided the customer with low-cost materials, unstable prototypes second hands systems. As I could not reach a reasonable customer satisfaction, PHILIPS did not renew my contract after one year. The customers return to SIEMENS after some years and PHILIPS is not present anymore in the medical field in Luxemburg nowadays.
- Following this, I tried to refocus my activity as a teacher (2005) and as a quality manager (2006) but I did not succeed in finding a stable job.
- In 2007, I found a position as FSE in a French company called SMITHS DETECTION which provides x-rays systems mainly in the field of airport baggage scanning. They found me overqualified for this position and they promised me a job as quality assistant or commissioning officer after an integration period of +/- 1 year of customer servicing. Unfortunately the managers who hired me left the company and I had to go on working as a basic worker during 5 hard years and never got a promotion. At the end it was too hard for me and they booked 2 guys to replace me. They do not take engineers anymore for that job but rather Fenwick drivers or furniture removers.
- Following this, I had a 2 years period (2011-2013) in which I found only interim jobs as a teacher or as a mechanic. I also followed quality management and energy saving classes without success.
- Now, I am back in my favorite field of competence (since Apr 2014) as a medical FSE in dermatology and surgery lasers in a company called EUROX which distributes 4 lasers companies. Servicing the physicians is a daily an exciting challenge that I am proud to do every day and for which I have received the Gold Medal of Labor and the honorary title of MSc. Mentor Level. But my company is very small and not stable at all. This is the reason why I try to find a better position in the technical field. I can work as an FSE, FSE area team manager, quality assistant or technical trainer.
- Now, as the EUROX company sold only 3 lasers units over 2 years, my manager made his mind up to cease the aftersales activities and I had to move to a B2B company called DTA that installs electrical motor drives in the metallurgical industry. This keeps me in activity but is not what I am aiming to do in the future.
I hope, Dear Sir, Dear Madam, that this description will give you a better overview of my professional path and a wish to help me find a better position in the near future.
Don’t hesitate to contact me on:
Or: 00 32 472 403 526
All the very best,
Field Service Engineer for ALMA medical lasers Liège, Belgium
April 2014 --- October 2015
Field Service Engineer for ALMA medical lasers (Belgium, France). Economically discharged in October 2015
Teacher at Bachelor and Master Degrees Liège, Belgium
January 2013 --- June 2013
Electronics and industrial maintenance classes
Airport Security Field Service Engineer March 2007 - March 2012 Paris, France
March 2007 --- March 2012
O Installation, preventive and corrective maintenance of an installed base of
300 Individual X-Ray Screening Stations. Airports (B, F, Lux), European
Institutions, Prisons, Banks
O Technical training of Security Personnel (F, NL, GB, D)
Quality Engineer (Interim) Brussels, Belgium
January 2006 --- March 2006
- Reorganization of the Customer Complaint Process (Electrical Power Quality)
Mathematics and Sciences teacher Waremme, Belgium
September 2004 --- June 2005
Mathematics and Sciences teacher
Medical Imaging Field Service Engineer Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
September 2003 --- September 2004
O Installation, preventive and corrective maintenance of MRI, Gamma Rays and TEP scanners and 9 digital radiology rooms
Medical Imaging Field Service Engineer Luxemburg Luxemburg, Luxembourg
September 2000 --- September 2003
O Installation, preventive and corrective maintenance of 19 medical imaging rooms (2 Gamma Scintigraphy scanners, 11 X-ray Scanners, 2 MRI Scanners and 5 hospital IT networks to DICOM Standards)
O Ad hoc technical support for colleagues managing other units (dentistry,
Conventional radiography, resuscitation, emergency, ultrasound, etc.)
Medical Imaging Technical Area Manager South Belgium Belgium
September 1997 --- September 2000
O Supervision of a team of 7 Field Service Engineers (bilingual) specialized
In the installation and preventive and corrective maintenance of X-ray
medical scanners (Antwerp, Leuven, Genk, Liège, Namur, Arlon,
Medical Imaging Field Service Engineer Belgium Belgium
September 1986 --- September 1997
O Installation, preventive and corrective maintenance of X-ray medical
Scanners throughout Belgium and Luxembourg
O Regular participation at the parent company Call Center at Erlangen (D)
Analytical thinkingCollaborationCoordinationFlexibilityIndependenceInterest in knowledgeKindnessOrganizationProblem solvingResponsibilityService orientedStrategic thinkingTrust
Medical devicesCustomer ServiceGermanMedical ImagingMicrosoft OfficeNMRProblem SolvingProblem-solving methods and troubleshootingMlasersEnglishFrenchdutch
Skills and Expertise
Analytical skillsAdministrative supportAttend seminars, courses and meetings within and outside the companyConduct maintenance visitsCreate study documentsDocument employees training requirementsEstablish professional relationships with partnersDetermine needsHandle callsHandle incidentsIdentify risksMaintenance of biomedical equipmentProvide technical supportProvide trainingQuality control processSolve problemsSupervise techniciansTeach university studentsTrain off site staffTrain on site staffTeachingTrain Staff
Master in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from HEPL in 1986
Training and Certification
CRM in 2014 Training
medical lasers in 2014 Training
quality, security, environment managing in 2012 Training
Word & Excel 2011 in 2011 Training
risk analysis in 2011 Training
SAP in 2009 Training
Personnal safety in 2008 Training
Radioprotection in 2008 Training
HEIMANN CARGO VISION, including training on the VARIAN LINAC in 2007 Training
PET scanners in 2004 Training
Gamma Camera scanners in 2002 Training
DICOM networking in 2000 Training
ISO 9001 in 2000 Training
MRI Scanners in 2000 Training
Customer contact in 1989 Training
CAT SCANNERS in 1987 Training
+/- 2 years of training in Medical Imaging and business IT networks in 1986 Training
low voltage electrical accreditation. in 2007 Certification