i am an experienced marketer and Business Development professional whose greatest passion is to create and execute Marketing programs for share gain and conversion of Clinical Diagnostic solutions in order to expedite Treatment to those in need.
i am seeking a new opportunity where i can utilize my Strategic Planning, commercial alignment, and innovative Marketing approach to drive business growth, profitability and increase shareholder value.
Director Sales & Marketing Kontich, BelgiumMay 2016 --- February 2017
- established and managed nine european distributors Partner agreements.
- developed and managed study evaluation of cdiff and gbs with kol in europe.
- developed layout and content for Marketing materials for gbs lb, gbs ds, cdiff: website, Presentations, banners and leaflets.
- created web portal for distributor support.
- developed and implemented Training for distributors.
- developed and implemented Marketing plan/track product launch readiness for instrument and ce-IVD Infectious diseases tests at poct.
- managed a technical & customer support team.
Marketing & Sales Director Niel, BelgiumMarch 2012 --- June 2015
- responsible for the development of strategic Marketing support programs, Sales tools and commercial opportunities (direct Sales & distribution) of multiplicom's Molecular Diagnostics kits for Clinical diagnostics (human and onco Genetics) with massively parallel Sequencing and services.
- established and managed distribution of Molecular Diagnostics products and services in spain and portugal.
- provided commercial support for direct Sales and agents of Molecular Diagnostics Assays in central america, spain, portugal, uk and nordic countries.
- developed and managed Marketing plan and Advertising budget.
- coordinated trade shows and exhibitions.
- managed key opinion leaders network.
Manager and Co-owner Dental Practice Antwerp, BelgiumJanuary 2009 --- January 2012
- administered organization of husband’s dental practice, which consists of scheduling visits and control of patient flow, record keeping, control expense of inventory, optimum operational and financial performance overseeing.
- monitored appointments to help minimize failed appointments.
- provided Sterilization assistant and Marketing guidance of dental office.
- oversaw maintenance of all practice equipment and liaise with suppliers and vendors.
Director, Corporate Accounts Marketing Waltham, MA, United StatesJuly 2007 --- July 2009
- developed value proposition of thermo fisher scientific portfolio to support standardization and conversion initiatives for corporate global pharma and biotech accounts.
- developed and deployed conversion and Compliance programs for pharma and biotech companies.
- created and executed Marketing programs for share gain/conversion initiatives in selected pharma key accounts.
- organized Marketing collateral, seminars, Applications materials and other commercial tools to support conversion programs.
- wrote business proposals, biographies, Business Intelligence reports and developed presentions.
Business development director Boston, MA, United StatesJanuary 2006 --- July 2007
- developed and executed plans to win profitable business at twenty-eight targeted pharma accounts with forecast of $9.8m.
- assumed also relationship responsibility for pop-up accounts with potential in excess of $500k not previously identified as Business Development or industry Director customers.
- contributed to success of awarded contracts by ensuring implementation is in alignment with proposal commitments, process integration and development, program metrics and business reviews.
Key Account Executive Boston, MA, United StatesJanuary 2005 --- January 2006
- responsible to generate Sales up to $1.3m of g-PCR and kinases assay reagents in the north east including canada. works in collaboration with field application specialist and distribution channels to promote and sell discoverx products.
- worked in collaboration with field application specialist and distribution channels to promote and sell Cell-based Assays.
Drug Discovery Account Manager Boston, MA, United StatesJanuary 2004 --- January 2005
- developed and managed up to $4m of Drug Discovery products and service including searchlight™ multiplex proteome technology (i.e. instrument, Software, and catalog arrays), coated plates, soluble substrates, iq™ kinase assay, and mimotopes peptide libraries.
- delivered technical Presentations and product demonstrations which resulted in immediate generation of catalog Sales (up to $3k) and new business opportunities with potential for > $50k Sales revenues for nine technical account managers.
- provided technical and strategic Sales support for all Drug Discovery products to 16 european account managers, and 25 distributors via daily phone calls and e-mails.
Manager Business Development Rockford, IL, United StatesJanuary 2003 --- January 2004
- implemented worldwide sale Strategy and program for $5.2m Sales of Drug Discovery products.
- offered technical seminars, product demonstrations and consultation that resulted up to $7.1m in new pipeline lead generation.
- established the use of proteome array technology at various labs for Clinical trials as a result of strong collaborative relationships with all function teams across all sites (i.e. us and europe).
- provided technical, strategic and commercial Training to us/europe Sales force and distributors in the sale of Drug Discovery products with a turnover in revenues of ~ 75%.
Technical Sales Support Manager (for Europe) Erembodegem, Aalst, BelgiumJanuary 2001 --- January 2003
Industrial Account Manager Rockford, IL, United StatesJanuary 1999 --- January 2001
- managed eastern region of the u.s. for the Sales of Proteomics products at bulk/custom/oem quantities.
- utilized scientific background and business knowledge to bring in new products and technologies to Technology transfer group which strengthen our position in the proteomic market and generated new revenues by 15%.
- key liaison for the development of bse Diagnostic kit for swiss company which is sold as oem product: Sales revenues exceeded over $2m.
Research associate Rockford, IL, United StatesJanuary 1996 --- January 1999
- formulated and optimized chemiluminescent reagents for Nucleic acid, Western blot and ELISA Applications. provided Technical Support and Training on pierce products.
- joined in the development of first chemiluminescent nucleic acids kit, high binding capacity streptavidin/neutravidin microtiter plates for HTS application (patented) and in-gel detection system (patent pending).
- formulated stable and high sensitive peroxidase chemiluminescent substrates for ELISA based Applications using a luminometer (two of pierce proteomic top seller products).
- formulated restore™ stripping buffer for Western blot Applications (another top seller).
- key liaison for establishing oem Sales of ELISA chemiluminescent substrates to Pharmaceutical HTS and Assay development departments in europe.
Creative thinkingStrategic thinkingInnovative thinkingAnalytical thinkingCommunicativeCompetitivenessAuthenticityCollaborationIndependenceResult OrientedProblem solvingResiliencyResponsibilityAssertivenessFlexibilityEfficiencyTrustAttention to detailInterest in knowledgeKindnessOptimismOrganizationSelf-confidenceCritical thinkingOrientationSociabilityService orientedCuriosity
CE-IVD MarketChemistryMolecular Diagnostics Cell biology NegotiationProject Portfolio ManagementAntibodiesAssay developmentBiomarkersBiotechnologyBudget ManagementBusiness DevelopmentBusiness PlanningBusiness Process ImprovementBusiness StrategyCE CertificationCoachingCommercializationCompetitive AnalysisCommunication SkillsComplianceCompliance with regulationsContinuous ImprovementContract negotiationCurrent Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP)Diagnostic marketDiagnosticsDNADNA extractionDNA sequencingDrug development processDrug DiscoveryElectrophoresisELISAEnzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA)Enzyme AssaysEvent ManagementFinancial AnalysisForecastingGel ElectrophoresisGeneticsGenomicsGlobal MarketingGMPGood Laboratory Practice (GLP)Healthcare industryHigh Throughput Screening (HTS)HPLCHTMLImmunoassaysImmunohistochemistryImmunologyIn vitro diagnostics (IVD)Infectious diseasesISOKey Account ManagementKOL managementKnowledge of the drug development processLaboratory SkillsLC-MSLeadershipLean ManufacturingLegal Considerations: Contracts and IndemnityLicensingLife SciencesLIMSLiquid Chromatography-UV (LC-UV)LogisticsmanagementMarket accessMarket AnalysisMarket developmentMarketingMarket researchMarketing approvalMarketing CommunicationsMarketing StrategyMass SpectrometryMassive Parallel Sequencing (MPS)Marketing ManagementMedical DevicesMergers & AcquisitionsMicrobiologyMicrosoft ExcelMicrosoft OfficeMicrosoft PowerpointMicrosoft WordMolecular & Cellular Biologymolecular biologyMolecular geneticsMSDNegotiation R&D Scientific writingAccount ManagementEnglishAnalytical methodsAnalytical proceduresAnalytical techniquesBiochemistryBioprocessingBiotechnologieBudget NegotiationBudget ProcessBusiness IntelligenceBusiness ProcessBusiness ProcessesAutoclaveAutomationCell Based AssaysCell biologyCell CultureCell SignalingChromatographyCleaning ValidationCleanroomCorporate FinanceCustomer ServiceFlow Cytometrygas chromatographyGood Manufacturing Practice (GMP)HealthcareHospital SalesISO 13485ISO 9000ISO 9001LaboratoryLaboratory ResearchLaboratory TechniquesLifesciencesLiquid chromatographyMedical oncology New Business Developmentnext generation sequencingoncologyOutlookPatentsPathologyPathology labsPCRpeople managementPeptidesPersonalized MedicinePhotoshopPowerPointPresentation SkillsPresentationsPricingProblem SolvingProblem-solving methods and troubleshootingProcess improvementProcurementProduct designProduct developmentProduct launchProduct managementProduct MarketingProject ManagementProtein chemistryProtein ExpressionProtein PurificationProteinsProteomicsProtocolPublic HealthPublic RelationsPublic SpeakingPurificationQA complianceqPCRQuality Control (QC)real-time PCRrecombinant DNA technologyRecruitingRegulatory ComplianceRegulatory RequirementsRegulatory StrategiesResearchRisk AssessmentRisk ManagementRT-PCRSalesSales EffectivenessSales ManagementSales OperationsSAPscienceScientific CommunicationsScientific methodologyScientific WritingSDS-PAGESix SigmaSocial MediaSocial Media MarketingSocial SkillsSpectroscopyStandard Operating Procedure (SOP)Start-upsStrategic Financial PlanningStrategic PlanningStrategySupply ChainSupply Chain ManagementSupply ManagementTeachingTeam BuildingTeam LeadershipTeam ManagementTeamworkTechnical reportsTechnical SupportTechnology DevelopmentTechnology transferTime ManagementTissue CultureTrainingTroubleshootingUnderstand how results translate to practiceUnderstand levels of research evidenceUnderstanding of regulatory guidelinesUpstream processingValidationWestern BlottingWriting Study Procedures and SOPs
Skills and Expertise
Molecular DiagnosticsGuide staffNegotiationOffice managementDirect co-workersCoachCoach staffDocument employees training requirementsmanaging a small teamPromotional materialsProvide trainingDesign information leafletEvaluate post-marketing surveillance studyAttend seminarsWritten presentationOral presentationOrganise meetingsNetwork Interact with physiciansCommunicate with investigatorSolve problemsInteract with pre-clinical scientistsDetermine potential relationshipsContact potential subjectsConduct close-out visitsManage contractors Negotiate budget Manage vendor budgetsDesign post-marketing surveillance studyConduct post-marketing surveillance study Create SOPs Develop protocolsCollaborate with project teamCalculate process efficiencyAdjust processes and methodsProvide input to process improvement initiativeslifescience Technology researchNegotiate payment schedules Design case record forms Report dataData analysis Analyze data Write papers Interpret dataData entryBiomarker ResearchUse western blotting technique Guide students
MBA in International Marketing from Rockford University in 2000
BA in Chemistry and Minor in Biology from Rockford University in 1996