i have a great passion for Statistics accompanied by a strong Biological background. after a master’s degree in industrial Biotechnologies (Pharmacogenomics), i completed a phd in life and biomolecular science (open University, uk). meanwhile, i started attending Statistical courses spanning from the Analysis of genetic association studies to bayesian Biostatistics. in 2015 i also completed a second-level professional master's programme in Biostatistics and Epidemiology methodology at the University of pavia (italy). since january 2012, i am managing the Laboratory of molecular Epidemiology at the “golgi cenci” foundation where i am responsible for the molecular aspects of two Research projects: a prospective population-based study (“invece.ab” study, nct01345110 clinicaltrial.gov) and a randomized controlled trial (allena-mente” study, nct01793493 clinicaltrial.gov). i also provide methodological support to clinicians, on the basis of scientific collaboration, for science)" >Protocol writing, perform Statistical analyses and generate graphics and written summaries to enhance interpretation and presentation of study results.
core competencies • five years’ experience in cross-sectional and longitudinal studies of aging and age-associated diseases. • seven years’ experience in design, and Analysis of candidate-Gene case-control association studies. • previous Research experience with cellular and animal disease models. • working ability in italian, English and French. • Software : r (v. 3), Stata (v. 13), SPSS (v. 20). • author of 36 articles in peer-reviewed journals.
Since January 2012
- write project deliverables (protocols, reports, articles, Literature Reviews);
- perform Statistical analyses and basic Data Management;
- provide methodological support to clinicians and basic researchers for design, conduct and reporting of human observational and intervention studies.
- responsible of molecular and genetic Epidemiology of two ongoing studies: o “invece.ab” study: a prospective population-based study on Health and aging in elderly individuals (nct01345110 clinicaltrial.gov). role: search for risk factors and Biomarkers for age-related diseases. o “allena-mente” study: a randomized controlled trial evaluating the efficacy of cognitive stimulation (cs), vs a “sham” intervention, in elderly participants at risk to develop dementia (nct01793493 clinicaltrial.gov). role: investigate the influence of genetic variants on cs outcome.
- molecular biology laboratory manager. role: manage a Laboratory Technician and undergraduate students to perform single Nucleotide polymorphism Genotyping, Gene and Protein Expression studies from peripheral blood mononuclear cells and Enzyme-linked immunosorbent Assays.
- collaborator of the golgi cenci “brain bank”: a collection of human brain tissues of donors with a variety of neurological and psychiatric disorders, but also of non-diseased donors. role: Biological database management.
Permanent postdoctoral researcher at “Golgi Cenci” Foundation, Abbiategrasso (MI), Italy, since January 2012 (www.golgicenci.it).
- Write project deliverables (protocols, reports, articles, literature reviews);
- Perform statistical analyses and basic data management;
- Provide methodological support to clinicians and basic researchers for design, conduct and reporting of human observational and intervention studies.
- Responsible of molecular and genetic epidemiology of two ongoing studies: o “InveCe.Ab” Study: a prospective population-based study on health and aging in elderly individuals (NCT01345110 ClinicalTrial.gov). Role: search for risk factors and biomarkers for age-related diseases. o “Allena-Mente” Study: a randomized controlled trial evaluating the efficacy of cognitive stimulation (CS), vs a “sham” intervention, in elderly participants at risk to develop dementia (NCT01793493 ClinicalTrial.gov). Role: investigate the influence of genetic variants on CS outcome.
- Molecular Biology Laboratory Manager. Role: manage a laboratory technician and undergraduate students to perform single nucleotide polymorphism genotyping, gene and protein expression studies from peripheral blood mononuclear cells and Enzyme-Linked ImmunoSorbent Assays.
- Collaborator of the Golgi Cenci “Brain Bank”: a collection of human brain tissues of donors with a variety of neurological and psychiatric disorders, but also of non-diseased donors. Role: biological database management.
PhD student (Open University, UK)October 2007 --- February 2012
main findings: • identification of a novel genetic susceptibility locus for alzheimer’s disease using a Gene panel case-control approach. • first report of the neuroprotective role of sirt1 Protein against α-synuclein toxicity in cellular models of parkinson’s disease. • further evidence that environmental enrichment (ee) is a non-pharmacologic Strategy able to counteract cognitive deficits and neuropathological hallmarks in a transgenic mouse model of alzheimer`s disease. first report of sirtuins` involvement in the ee paradigm.
FellowshipJanuary 2007 --- September 2007
basic Research on aging
AdaptabilityAnalytical thinkingAttention to detailCollaborationCreative thinkingOrganizationProactivityStrategic thinking
Biostatistics R&DBiomarkersBiomedical SciencesCardiovascular diseasesClinical Data ManagementClinical Study DesignClinical study reportsClinical trial designClinical trial managementData AnalysisData cleaningDesign of Experiments (DOE) EpidemiologyMedical writingPharmacogenomics (study of genetic variation)Healthcare Information Technology
Skills and Expertise
Analytical skills Analyze data Develop clinical trial protocolsWrite papersStatistical analysisR&Dproject managementPlanning clinical studiesPlan experimentsParticipate in medical reviewLead studiesInterpret dataInteract with pre-clinical scientistsEvaluate protocolsEnsure data consistencyDesign clinical trialAlzheimer Write papers Report data
Second level Master Degree in “Biostatistics and Epidemiology Methodology” in from Università degli Studi di Pavia in 2015
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Life and Biomolecular Sciences from The Open University in 2012
M.Sc Industrial Biotechnologies (Pharmacogenomics) in from University of Milano-Bicocca in 2006
B.Sc Molecular Biotechnologies in from Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca in 2004
Training and Certification
Introduction to Bayesian Methods in Clinical Research in 2015 Training
Statistical inference in biology and human science in 2013 Certification
Design and Analysis of Genetic-based Association Studies in 2010 Certification
Expert has 4 publications (Will be avalible with full profile)