I graduated as a master in Clinical Psychology at the Free University of Brussels (2004) and as a master in Clinical and Molecular Life Sciences at Hasselt University (2009). The past 6 years (2009 - 2015), I worked as a Phd student (in the field of aptasensing).and as a teaching assistent (bachelor Biomedical Sciences and Medicine) at Hasselt University. Currently, I am looking for a new professional challenge in the field of Biomedical Sciences.
Phd student / teaching assistent Diepenbeek, Belgium
September 2009 --- August 2015
1) As a Phd student, I set out to develop a real-time, and hence fast, aptasensor platform for the detection of small molecules like estrogens (Promotor: Prof. Dr. L. Michiels).
- designing and performing lab experiments
- analysing and interpreting test results
- extracting crucial information out of a lot of information
- writing scientific papers and a thesis
- giving oral presentations
- problem-solving and analytical thinking
2) As a teaching assistent, I was involved in courses like 'Groei en rijping' and 'Endocrien stelsel en voortplanting' (endocrinology). I also supervise internship students (bachelor and master Biomedical sciences, sciences,...).
Analytical thinkingAssertivenessCritical thinkingDiligenceInterest in knowledgeProblem solvingIndependence
Ph.D. in Biomedical Sciences from Hasselt University in 2015
Master’s Degree in Biomedical Sciences, Clinical and Molecular Life Sciences from Hasselt University in 2009
Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology from Free University of Brussels in 2004