Researcher with 5 years of experience • In-vitro pharmacology, drug development • Profiling/screening High-Throughput, Molecular diagnostics, Data mining • Functional screening: follow ups on hits in any GPCR function assays. • Experience in GLP regulated environment, S1 and S2 laboratory • Knowledge in GMP regulations and documentation and recording • Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills • Ability to multitask and support multiple projects • International work experience
Doctoral Researcher Giessen, Germany
Since May 2012
Working on pulmonary hypertension in molecular pharmacology lab: Identification of Candidate GPCRs in Idiopathic Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (IPAH) and vascular remodelling.
- Mainly used patient samples to study and in vitro systems to verify findings.
- Mastered and developed a range of techniques and methods in genetics, cell and molecular biology.
- Managed laboratory functions including organization and ordering.
- Trained new students and employees in basic laboratory and research techniques.
- Actively involved in weekly journal clubs of Molecular Biology and Medicine of the Lung (MBML).
- Updated and delivered presentation on ongoing projects to ECCPS department of 40 scientists.
- Extensively presented research in 10 International conferences in Germany, USA and Italy
- Successfully led collaboration within ECCPS as well as Max-Planck-Institute.
- Simultaneously supported multiple projects.
- Analyzed in vitro effect of Stimulants and small molecule inhibitor - dose and time dependent
- Performed cell potency assays- Human primary cell (HPASMC, HPAAF)
- Established Chromatin immunoprecipitation(CHIP)
- Handling of Live cell imaging- Fully Automated Upright Microscope System
- Carried out maintenance on instruments and calibration of equipment
- Project manager ensured work in accordance with Good research practice, Good laboratory practice (GLP) and S1 & S2 laboratory principles
Visiting Research Scientist Bad Nauheim, Germany
September 2013 --- December 2014
- Profiling- High throughput HT-PCR GPCR Array (Library based, Multiplex PCR) in Human pulmonary arteries (PA) of Donors and IPAH patients
- Analyzed human biological samples- lung homogenates, pulmonary arteries
- Data mining, Results validation, Data interpretation and Categorization
- Performed sectioning slides, (trimming, embedding and cutting sections on microtome, immunohistochemistry)- Microtome RM2165
- Laser microdissection of PA- Leica LMD6500 microscope Systems
- Experienced with liquid handling systems and automation tools
- Conducted work in accordance with GLP and S1 & S2 laboratory principles
Research fellow Giessen, Germany
May 2012 --- December 2012
Used laboratory techniques: Fluorescence-activated cell sorting (FACS), Cloning, Transfection, miRNA isolation and expression, Cell line (HEK293, A549) culture
Pre Doctoral Intern Giessen, Germany
August 2011 --- April 2012
- Studied molecular interaction between Sitaxentan (antagonist) and Sildenafil (inhibitor) in PAH.
- Monitored cell function and performed treatments of various pharmacological compounds.
- Carried out 3H-thymidine incorporation proliferation, Handled radioactive substances and experienced in radioactive lab, TUNNEL, Immuno Fluorescence, Tissue homogenization, Western blot, qPCR
- Performed laboratory setup and maintenance, supporting senior researcher and assisted with multiple post-doctoral projects. Participated and delivered project updates
Student Researcher Hyderabad, Telangana, India
December 2009 --- March 2010
- Studies on the influence of soil amendments on the growth of Bocopa monneirei and the influence of Auxins and the Sulphur on the growth of Piper Longum
- Reported results to senior scientist and supervisor.
- Compiled experimental studies in form of thesis.
June 2009 --- June 2009
- Vocational training for one month in Department of Biotechnology
- Learned Plant tissue culture and maintanence
- Function of sterlizing tools like autoclave
Trainee Arcot, Tamil Nadu, India
June 2008 --- June 2008
- Three days In plant training
- Learnt GMP regulation of production section.
- Visited QA and department
AdaptabilityAnalytical thinkingApproachabilityAttention to detailCollaborationCommunicativeCreative thinkingCuriosityEfficiencyFlexibilityIndependenceInnovative thinkingInterest in knowledgeOptimismOrganizationOrientationPerspectiveResponsibilityResult OrientedSelf-confidenceSelf-disciplineProblem solvingSociabilityStrategic thinkingTrustCoordinationCompetitivenessCharmDiligenceDominanceAssertiveness
Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)Analytical methodsAnalytical proceduresAnalytical techniquesAseptic TechniquesAssay developmentAutoclaveBiochemistryBiological Drug DevelopmentBiotechnologyC++CADCardiovascular diseasesCell Based AssaysCell CultureCell SignalingData AnalysisData ManagementDesign of Experiments (DOE) DNA extractionDrug development processDrug DiscoveryEarly development stageElectrophoresisELISAEnglishEnzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA)FACSFlow CytometryFluorescence MicroscopyGel ElectrophoresisGeneticsGood Laboratory Practice (GLP)Grant WritingGraphPad PrismGXPHealthcareHigh Throughput Screening (HTS)ImmunoassaysICH guidelinesImmunofluorescenceImmunohistochemistry (IHC)In vitro diagnostics (IVD)In VitroInternal medicineLaboratory ResearchLaboratory SkillsLaboratory study designLaboratory TechniquesLeadershipLife SciencesMammalian Cell CultureMicrobiological TechniquesMicroscopyMicrosoft ExcelMicrosoft OfficeMicrosoft PowerpointMicrosoft WordMolecular & Cellular BiologyMolecular DiagnosticsMolecular geneticsOutlookPCRpharmacologyPharmacogeneticsPharmacodynamicsPotency assaysPre-clinical researchPresentation SkillsProblem-solving methods and troubleshootingProject PlanningProteinsProtocolPulmonary diseasesQuantitative PCR (qPCR)RespiratoryResearchRNA isolationRT-PCRSDS-PAGEScientific WritingScientific CommunicationsSmall moleculesSPSSStatistical Data AnalysisStatisticsSterilizationTeamworkTime ManagementTransfectionTranslational ResearchTroubleshootingValidationWestern Blotting
Skills and Expertise
Analytical skills Analyze data Guide students Interpret data Molecular Diagnostics Receptor Pharmacology Report data Write protocolsAdjust methodsAnalyze proteinArchive study documentsAseptic techniquesassess the needs of the project(s)/program(s) and make changes in process, work flow and/or assignments.Assist with experimentsAssist with proceduresAttend seminars, courses and meetings within and outside the companyCell culturecollaborate in research projects at universitiesCollaborate with principal investigatorCommunicate effectively on different company levelsCommunicationConduct limited data and/or statistical analysis.Conduct literature searches.Conduct university research coordinating research projectsData miningData validationData verificationDesign scientific experimentsDesign scientific projects (in biology)Determine statistical analysis Determine needsDevelop protocolsExecute scientific projectsHandle callsHandle incidentsInteract with pre-clinical scientistsInterpret analytical resultsInterpret research resultsInterpret scientific dataLiaise with research teamLiaise with research team in order to accurately collect and record datalifescienceManage multiple projectsManage research projectsNetworkOperate research equipmentOptimize assay performanceOral presentationOrganise meetingsOrganize scientific projects (in biology)pcrPerform routine testsPlan experimentsPlan work to meet objectives and deadlinesPrepare final reportPresent data at congressProcure and prepare samplesRead medical literature to maintain current awareness and knowledgeReport study conclusionsSetup of research equipmentSet up research projectsStatistical analysisUnderstand protocolsUse fluorescence microscopyUse laboratory techniquesUse western blotting techniqueValidate dataVerify dataWork under specific instructionsWritten presentationWrite final reportsWrite statistical reports
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Molecular Pharmacology from Justus Liebig University Giessen in 2017
Master of Science (M.S.) in Molekularbiologie from Högskolan i Skövde in 2012
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Biotechnologie from Karunya University in 2010
Training and Certification
Good Clinical Practice ICH-GCP in 2017 Certification
Good Documentation and Record Keeping in 2016 Certification
Good Laboratory Practice ICH-GLP in 2016 Certification
Good Manufacturing Practice GMP Pharma in 2016 Certification
IELTS -International English language test system in 2010 Certification
Expert has 1 publications (Will be avalible with full profile)