I am heading a group mainly focused on in vitro ADME topics and the management of research compounds and reagents. ADME characterisation of compounds is adressed by performing in vitro assays with subsequent bioanalysis of test compounds, marker substrates and/or biomarkers in a medium throughput setup using a highly optimized integrated system supporting workflows and respective dataflow.
In addition responsibilities contain:
- Responsible scientist for Pharmacokinetics and Metabolism mainly in research project teams,
- Efficiency optimization of lab workflows
- Automation of sample preparation and in vitro assays
- Business Lead of international project teams mainly dealing with workflow/dataflow optimization and related IT-topics
- Interfaces to national and international IT responsibles
- Responsible coordinator of research IT in the department
- Member of the Open Innovation Initiative
- Additional skills:
- database programming
- first experiences with Arduino and Raspberry Pi platforms (private use only)
- Connection of bioanalytical methods with automated workflows and dataflow solutions for optimizing research efficiency ensuring high quality of data
- tailor made development of in vitro assay formats covering project-specific needs
- integration of innovative technological developments into project work
Since December 2016
Heading a group responsible for - in vitro characterization of ADME properties of compounds in all research phases - compound characterisation using highly automated medium throughput incubation technologies and streamlined workflow processes - management of reserach compounds and reagents to support local and international research teams Business Lead of international Research IT projects. Responsibility for the coordination of IT-support in the department. Member of the Open Innovation Initiative at Boehringer Ingelheim.
Director in vitro ADME
Since January 2009
Heading a group responsible for in vitro characterization of ADME properties of compounds in early research phases. Characterisation mostly with highly automated medium throughput LC/MSMS-technologies and streamlined dataflow solutions. Responsible coordinator of research IT in the department
Sr. associate Director
January 2006 --- January 2009
Heading a group responsible for in vitro characterization of ADME properties of compounds in early research phases. Characterisation mostly with highly automated medium throughput LC/MSMS-technologies and streamlined dataflow solutions. Setting up a laboratory for Plasma Protein Binding investigations in medium throughput.
January 2002 --- January 2006
Heading a Laboratory in Department of Drug Discovery Support in Biberach. Responsible for the DMPK-support in several early and late stage research projects, Responsible for the development and implementation of a Pharmacokinetics-LIMS system.
January 2000 --- January 2002
Heading a Laboratory in Department of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics in Biberach. Responsible for the DMPK-support in several research projects, Team member in a development project.
PostDoc Pharmacokinetics and Metabolism
January 1999 --- January 2000
Postdoctoral position in the Department of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics in Ingelheim.
PostDoc Forensic Toxicology
January 1998 --- January 1999
Working on different forensic toxicological research projects; Development and implementation of bioanalytical methods (HPLC/UV, HPLC/MSMS, GC/MS) Writing surveys for the Department of Public Prosecution
Analytical thinkingAttention to detailAuthenticityCreative thinkingCritical thinkingEfficiencyInnovative thinkingStrategic thinking
Biochemistry R&D3D PrintingAutoCADBioanalysisBusiness Process ImprovementDrug DiscoveryDrug metabolismEntrepreneurshipIn VitroInformaticsLeadershipMass SpectrometryPharmaceutical ResearchPharmacokineticsProgrammingTechnological Innovation
Skills and Expertise
Interpret data Report data Technology researchAdjust processes CoachDesign IT solutionsDesign scientific experimentsInteract with computer specialistsInterpret analytical resultsInterpret research resultsInventory ManagementR&D
PhD in Forensic Toxicology from Heidelberg University in 1998
2. Staatsexamen in Food Chemistry from Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) in 1995