Senior Transport Operations Analyst - MD Beerse, Belgium
Since July 2010
Overall purpose of job:
Within the Johnson & Johnson enterprise supply chain organization the Worldwide Transportation Team is responsible for all transportation on a global basis allowing to leverage our global transportation spend and capabilities.
As part of the Customer and Logistics Services EMEA organization and in line with the strategic objective to achieve enterprise-wide alignment and governance processes for transportation, for the EMEA region; the Worldwide Transportation Team - EMEA (WWT - EMEA) has been introduced. The WWT - EMEA is taking up the responsibility for transportation for the 3 sectors within J&J: Consumer, Pharma (Janssen) and MD&D.
As part of this team there are 4 direct pillar:
· Strategic Sourcing & Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
· Transportation Operations
· Compliance & Security
· Transportation Technology, Analytics & Business Processes
The Transport Operations Sector Lead, as member of the Transport Operations pillar is responsible for transport execution in EMEA for his/her sector; this in partnership with local business stakeholders and 3 or 4PL service providers. He or she will be representing the interests of his/her sector within WWT EMEA and drive operations in line with our Vision and Mission.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
1. To coordinate transport operations across EMEA for his/her sector which can include all operational processes eg booking of freight, capacity management and load optimization, exception handling, performance measurement, quality, continuous improvement, complaints and claims management.
2. To Be the main contact for his/her sector in the management of change requests, new product and lane introductions and other sector specific larger supply chain projects.
3. To provide project management leadership for implementation of transport change and improvement projects in the sector
4. To be accountable for the operational follow up of the 3 or 4PL’s used in the sector, it’s and WWT EMEA’s relationship with our DC’s and the sector supply chain organization.
5. To monitor and drive service level improvements and look for the continuous improvement projects that will elevate the total performance of the transportation network.
6. To strive for best practice knowledge sharing, leveraging and convergence across the distribution network, the sectors and the regions.
7. To, where appropriate and aligned, support the budget preparation and control process, including CIP’s.
8. To ensure maximum quality and minimum disruptions/claims in line with the sector and WWT’s sourcing strategy
9. To oversee operational incident management and follow up of the transportation complaint handling processes
* Subject matter expert within the functional area of Transportation and Logistics
* Knowledge of healthcare regulations regarding warehousing, storage, distribution and transport
* Specific knowledge of transport means for healthcare, both for cold chain, ambient transport as general cargo
* Customer oriented and has a pro-active attitude.
* Good communication skills. Ability to partner with and influence others without direct authority; build consensus and look for collaboration with people from different organizations
* Ability to manage complexity and change
* Process oriented mindset (process excellence) and able to manage complexity and change
* Strong project management competencies
Distribution Supervisor Beerse, Belgium
January 2006 --- June 2010
- Managing the Distribution department (2 direct reports) responsible for two DC’s
- Main focus on transportation, distribution, customization and quality
- Continuous actions to drive & implement CIP’s & WOW initiatives
- Synchronizing process optimizations compliant with WW QA requirements
- Driving SRM and selecting service providers on different levels
- Managing, controlling and monitoring budget & performance
- Negotiating & developing SLA’s in coordination with J&J Global
- Responsible for Complaint handling & Claims management (J&J Pilot)
- Cooperation with Finance, Planning, QA, Sourcing, …
Logistics & Sales Export Co-operator Beerse, Belgium
July 2002 --- December 2005
- Commercial administration & logistics management of import/export files
- Optimization of divers logistic processes on a project base
- Research, selection, follow up of suppliers & their performance
- Purchase of primary raw materials & all related logistic activities
- Responsible for forecasting, budgets, quotations
- Managing debtors & financial analysis
- Reporting of statistics & KPI’s in the Business Unit Meetings
Inside Trading Coordinator Beerse, Belgium
July 2001 --- June 2002
- Commercial import/export & logistic assistance to the traders
- Managing contracts for purchase and sales, stock control & achievements
Logistics & Export Sales Coordinator Tielen, Kasterlee, Belgium
July 1994 --- June 2001
- Supervising the internal sales team & the logistics department
- Managing transportation & distribution for import/export & private label activities
- Coordination between marketing, sales, purchase, production planning & logistics
- Follow-up & evaluation of suppliers and their performance
- Organization of international exhibitions
Supervisor ‘Traffic & Distribution Department’ Turnhout, Belgium
July 1992 --- June 1994
- Responsible for daily import/export business
- Supervisor of worldwide logistics & stock control
Responsible Import/Export Antwerpen, Antwerp, Belgium
July 1989 --- June 1992
- Supervising License- and customs formalities
- Responsible for purchase, sales, logistics & stock control (guns and ammunitions)
Assistant Distribution & Customs Clearance Postel, Belgium
July 1986 --- June 1989
Supporting transport & customs clearance for import/export activities
NegotiationAnalysisBudget ManagementBusiness DevelopmentBusiness IntelligenceBusiness PlanningBusiness ProcessBusiness Process ImprovementChange ControlChange ManagementCommunication SkillsCompetitive AnalysisComplianceCompliance with regulationsCross-functional team leadershipCustomer ServiceData AnalysisDrug regulatory authoritiesEnglishFDAForecastingGood Distribution Practice (GDP)HealthcareInventory ManagementISOLeadershipLogisticsmanagementMarketingMedical DevicesMicrosoft ExcelMicrosoft PowerpointMicrosoft WordMicrosoft OfficeMSDOutlookOutsourcingPharmaceutical IndustryPresentationsProblem SolvingProblem-solving methods and troubleshootingProcess improvementProcurementProduct launchProject CoordinationProject ManagementProject Portfolio ManagementQuality Assurance (QA)Quality Management System (QMS)Regulatory ComplianceRisk AssessmentRisk ManagementSales OperationsSAPSix SigmaSupply ChainSupply Chain ManagementSupply ManagementTaxTeamworkTeam LeadershipTime ManagementValidationValue Stream Mapping
Skills and Expertise
Analytical skills Analyze data Create SOPs Assure medical quality Interpret data Report dataAdjust processes Analyse growth / improvement potentialAnalyze data/information to determine potential relationships.Assess quality process issuesAssess site feasibilityAssist with proceduresAttend at steering committee meetingsAttend seminarsAttend seminars, courses and meetings within and outside the companyCoachCollaborate with project teamCollect dataCommunicate with sponsorCommunicationConduct supply issue resolution activitiesContract approvalcontrol different protocol versions and other essential documentsCoordinate logisticsCoordinate projectsCoordinate recallsCoordinationCreate SOPsCreate standard operating procedure (SOP)Data validationDevelop business planDevelop supply plansDirect co-workers to achieve resultEstablish contractsEstablish professional relationships with partnersEstablish relationships with Key Opinion LeadersEstimate subject complianceEvaluate stability data and impurity identification/synthesisEvaluate stability data Financial administrationFollow-up of external auditsFollow-up of internal auditsFollow-up of quality assurance activitiesFollow-up of Quality Management System (QMS) processesHandle callsHandle incidentsIdentify growth / improvement potentialIdentify risksIdentify sitesImplement Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)Interact with regulatory stakeholdersInteract with statisticiansInterpret analytical resultsInterpret dataInventory ManagementLabeling compliance with local regulationsLead teamsLiaise with professionals in other divisions of the company as requiredlifescienceManage budgetsMaintain strong relationshipsManage complexityManage contractors Manage risksManage study budgetmanaging a small teamMonitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)Negotiate payment schedulesNegotiationNetworkOrganise meetingsPeople managementPlan work to meet objectives and deadlinesPrepare external auditsPrepare internal auditsproject managementQuality control processReport Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)Report non-compliance incidentsRespond to audit findingsReview monitoring reportsReview quality policiesSelect contractors Solve problemsStatistical analysisUnderstand protocolsWork cross-functionallyWork with coordination and data management teamsWritten presentation