I have the experience and education to be a very competitive employee in wide variety of projects related to the medical field, health economics, epidemiology, statistics and health care service. The key strengths that I possess for success in this position include:
- I have been working for the European Journal of Public Health as a managing editor (20%) during the last four years. During this time I have gained experience in publication, time manegemant, organization skills and coordination of the publication's editorial activities.
- During my post doc and PhD I worked with several nation-wide large registers, including the Swedish Prescribed Drug Register, the National Myocardial Infarction Register in Sweden, inpatient register, cause death register, conscripts, among others.
- Medical background
- I have successfully completed my master in Public Health Economics from Karolinska Institutet, where I learned about health economic modeling, Markov Model, TreeAge, and cost-effective analysis.
- I have systematically searched for and synthesized disparate observational studies, and interpret their results to conduct a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- I have increased my knowledge in statistics by taken course in repeated mearurements and survival analysis from the master program in Biostatistics at the Stockholm University, and by performing the statistical analysis of my publication.
- I have presented my research in several conferences including Lodz, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Malta and Oulu.
With a BS degree in medicine, master in health economics, PhD in epidemiology, and Post Doc in Health Care service, I have a good understanding of the needs of your costumers, and with my experience I will be able to provide exceptional contributions
Since October 2014
As a Post Doc my responsibilities are within the area of researching, analysing, and reporting Health Care service inequalities in diabetes and cariovascular care in Stockholm County and national level.
January 2010 --- January 2014
My PhD studies was a longitudinal study on the association between Cannabis and Schizophrenia, it is an epidemiological and statistical study using register data from the Swedish population. SAS programming.
January 2009 --- January 2014
I was senior member of a publication's management team. My tasks were to report directly to the Editor in Chief, reviewers, authors and oversees all aspects of the publication.
January 2007 --- January 2009
As a research assistant my responsibility was to conduct a systematic review and meta-analysis of cardiovascular disease. In this experience I reviewed more than 400 articles, using specific selection process criteria, synthesized disparate observational studies, interpret their results, and published the findings in peer reviewed journal.
January 2006 --- January 2007
My responsibilities consisted of obtaining medical histories, performing examinations and minor procedures, and follow clinical and paraclinical trajectory of the patients.
January 2003 --- January 2006
My responsibilities were within the area of diagnosis, order diagnostic tests , treatment, prescribe medications, and minor surgeries, in the inpatient and outpatient clinic.
December 2002 --- June 2003
My responsibilities were within the area of diagnosis, order diagnostic tests , treatment, prescribe medications, and minor surgeries, in the inpatient and outpatient.
AdaptabilityAnalytical thinkingApproachabilityCreative thinkingCritical thinkingProblem solvingResiliency
Skills and Expertise
Analytical skills Analyze data Interpret data Report data Write papersAdjust methodsWritten presentationWrite papersWrite medical reportsWrite final reportsVerify dataSolve problemsPrepare manuscriptPrepare final report Interact with physicians Interact with nurses Search literature on clinical trialsData codingData entryData miningData validationData verification
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Statistics, Epidemiology, and Public Health from Karolinska institutet in 2014
Master of Public Health (MPH) in Health Economics and Health Promotion from Karolinska institutet in 2009
Doctor of Medicine (MD) in from Universidad de La Sabana in 2002
Training and Certification
Medical Doctor in 2016 Training
Expert has 5 publications (Will be avalible with full profile)