i worked as a Research Assistant in a Biomechanics Laboratory in montreal. i was in charge of a project biding the Laboratory and two firms and i had to develop softwares and graphical interfaces for orthopedists and orthesists. during this experience i developped programming skills mostly in Software design. more, as the principal manager of this project, i had to make sure than the project was concluded and this allowed me to develop other skills like the management of priorities and Planning. however, i already started to develop these skills during my study in engineering (designing Medical Device or medical Software's for example). .
at the moment, i am not working in the life science field and i realize that i miss it. the main reason is that working in life science area makes me feel more useful for the society. i am certain that i will be able to be completely fulfilled, happier and then more efficient in my work.
then i am looking for a new opportunity to increase my knowledges and to grow as a civil Biomedical Engineer.
Junior Software EngineerBrussels, Belgium
Since August 2015
- development, programming and maintenance of the Software
- Development, programming and maintenance of the software
Research Assistant Montréal, QC, CanadaApril 2013 --- December 2014
- creation of a Software for the evaluation of real-time tridimensional kinematics of the shoulder
- creation of a Software to estimate surface geometry and inertial body segment parameters with 4 kinect captors
- creation of a Software for the evaluation and the monitoring performance of athletes of the institut national du sport du québec with a kinect captor and two force plates
- redaction of grant proposal for an infrastructure to canada foundation for Innovation
Research Scientist Bruxelles, BelgiqueNovember 2012 --- December 2012
- completion of a feasibility study on a Medical Device for stents (projet evrest)
- redaction of the technical report (projet evrest)
- realization of a study for a test bench for modelling the Medical Device endomina (an endoscopic device)
- Characterization of mechanical properties of the endomina device
AdaptabilitySelf-disciplineSelf-confidenceSociabilityProactivityOrganizationProblem solvingOptimismInterest in knowledgeInnovative thinkingIndependenceFlexibilityCuriosityCritical thinkingCreative thinkingCollaborationAnalytical thinkingTrust
Medical devices R&D Scientific writingBiotechnologyCardiovascular diseasesData AnalysisData ManagementEthics submission and approval processGastroenterologyMATLAB (matrix laboratory)Microsoft ExcelMicrosoft OfficeOrthopedicPowerPointProblem-solving methods and troubleshootingProgrammingScientific methodologySports medicineStatisticsTechnical reports
Skills and Expertise
C++HTMLPHPCSSMySQLNexusVHDLStatistical analysisCatiaDesign of software’s using Kinect captor and the Wii Balance BoardComputer-aided Design Guide students Technology researchAdjust processes and methodsCollaborate with project teamData analysisDesign database Develop software programsEthics committee submissionsOral presentationResearch at universitiesSolve problemsWritten presentationCobolunix Analytical skillsjavaJira
Master in Civil Biomedical Engineering from Ecole Polytechnique de Bruxelles (ULB) in 2012