Member of Board of Directors Tervuren, Belgium
Since December 2016
- Member of Board of Directors
- Investor in Company, Shareholder
Lynxcare is a startup company focusing on providing immediately accessible high-quality summarized medical data to patient and care provider. Analytics on the collected and available data can be used for prevention, diagnosis and treatment. Several investors stepped into the company, amongst which BAN, iMinds and pharmaceutical companies.
CEO & Owner Schilde, Belgium
Since January 2006
Archimedrics is the company from which I run my projects as freelancer since 2006.
Example Customer Projects:
- Develop Life Science solutions derived from new, adapted or existing engineering & technology.
- Develop and test innovative ideas until (Dis)Proof-of-Concept, on individual and collaborative basis.
- Implementation of Image & signal processing algorithms for CT, PET, MR, Microscopy.
- Data Mining, Predictive Analytics, Modeling and Machine Learning, on Medical and Financial Data.
- Strategic and technical advice and implementation on biomedical R&D projects.
- Startup advice and guidance, with eventual participation and/or investment in promising companies.
- Technical due diligence, Barco, Kortrijk, Belgium.
- Strategic advice, a major Medical Imaging Company.
- Technology overview, Barco, Kortrijk, Belgium.
- Future technology trends, Toshiba, Edinburgh, Scotland.
- IMI RAPID Project on Infectious Diagnostics, Janssen Diagnostics, Beerse, Belgium.
In-house projects (own capital time and resources)
- Medical modeling: extract diagnostic/prognostic information from clinical lab samples combined with patient data. Defined multiparameter “tests”, highly predictive for infectious disease incidence & prognosis and related carcinogenesis.
- Financial data mining: models of high volume trading and hedging on stock markets, applied for proprietary trading, with consistent high trading profit over longer periods (2001-2016).
January 2013 --- January 2015
- Clinical Trials Phase I & II, including patient selection, ward presence, dosage, adverse event handling, ECG reading.
- Query resolution for Auditors, Data Management and Clinical Operations Unit.
- Trial result Analysis/Data Mining, specifically for Thorough QT (TQT) ECG- based trials.
- Analysis of screening failures to maximize screening efficiency and mimimize trial dropout.
Member of Board of Directors
January 2008 --- May 2012
- Member of Board of Directors
- Advised on further growth
Flandersbio is a biotechnology networking organisation, involved in lobbying, networking for the biotech industry in Flanders. The organization also represents Flanders bio-industry on international events.
Program & Department Director Leuven, Belgium
May 2007 --- December 2011
- Lead and coach imec's life sciences research team.
- Define and execute the long time scientific vision based on imec’s competencies/infrastructure.
- Establish strategic partnerships with scientific and medical centers of excellence.
- Establish industrial partnerships, within Open Innovation framework if relevant.
Board of Directors Leuven, Belgium
January 2008 --- August 2011
- Member of Board of Directors.
- Assisrance with startup of center, including design of laboratories and recruitment of scientific staff.
NERF is a multidisciplinary collaboration between imec, VIB (www.vib.be) and the university of Leuven (www.kuleuven.be) to do fundamental neuroscientific research using nanotechnology.
January 2001 --- January 2003
GPU-based real-time simulation of Cathlab, cardiac stent placement, laparoscopy and cholecystectomy with robotic front-ends, surgical instruments, realistic endoscopic or X-Ray display and physics-based algorithms.
Senior Scientist Maryland, United States
January 1998 --- December 2001
- Build medical simulators for catheter and pacemaker implantation.
- Build medical simulators for bronchoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy.
- Principal Investigator for DARPA and NIH grants.
Medical Doctor, General Practitioner Belgium
July 1986 --- December 1994
Ad interim replacement of Medical Doctors in their practice during their absence.
Combined with engineering studies.
R&D Phase I Scientific writing3D PrintingBioinformaticsBiomedical EngineeringBiomedical SciencesC++CardiologyCardiovascular diseasesClinical researchClinical Study DesignClinical trialsCNSData AnalysisDeveloping Clinical Trial ProtocolsElectrocardiogram (ECG)ElectronicsElectrophysiologyEmergency medicineEngineeringGeneral MedicineHealthcareInterventional CardiologyInterventional RadiologyLife SciencesMedical consultingMedical Device R&DMedical DevicesMedical ImagingMedicineNanomedicineNanotechnologyMultiple dose tolerance studyNeuroscienceNMRNuclear radiology OphthalmologyOrthopedic surgeryPatient Screening and RecruitmentPersonalized MedicinePhysicsPhysiologyPre-clinical researchProblem SolvingProgrammingPythonRResearchscienceStart-upsStrategyTechnological InnovationApple DeveloperMatlab
Skills and Expertise
Analyze data Develop clinical trial protocols Interpret data Technology research Search literature on clinical trials Write papers Write protocolsAdvise on medical perspectivesAdvise on strategyAdverse event reportingAnalyze data/information to determine potential relationships.Assess adverse reactionsAssess subject safetybudgeting of R&D activitiesCapture data on source documentsClinical data collectioncollaborate in research projects at universitiesConduct research at universitiesConduct university research coordinating research projectsCreates a collaborative team environmentData miningDesign IT solutionsDesign scientific experimentsDevelop software programsManage research projectsPublish scientific projectsR&DReview dataReview medical reportsScreen patientsSet up research projectsTeach university studentsTrain Staff
PhD in Medicine from University of Leuven in 1999
Master in Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Option Automatization from University of Leuven in 1993
Medical Doctor (MD) in General Medicine from University of Leuven in 1986
Latin-Scientific in from St Lievenscollege, Antwerpen in 1979
Training and Certification
Advanced Life Support Certificate in 2014 Certification
Basic Life Support Certificate in 2013 Certification
Certified to read ECG's, also within a Clinical Trial Context in 2013 Certification
Good Clinical Practice (GCP) certified in 2013 Certification
Certified to practice Medicine and prescribe medication in Belgium in 1986 Certification
Expert has 19 publications (Will be avalible with full profile)