Board Member, Head of the Clinical/Animal Health Diagnostics Unit, Technical Director/QM of Production Unit (ISO 13485)Lisbon, Portugal
Since September 2003
- Founder of Biopremier and Board Member, having completed several rounds of funding and participated in an IPO – 2003 until present.
- Strategic thinking and business development. Networking with KOL and presentation of technical and commercial information – 2003 until present.
- Coordinator of the development of a wide portfolio of molecular biology tests for Human diagnostics, Animal Health and Food quality – 2003 until present.
- Quality Manager and responsible for the implementation of a type B (in-house development), flexible scope Accreditation according to ISO 17025; the first obtained in Portugal – 2009-2011.
- Coordinator of the implementation of the Certification according to ISO 13485, for IVD products, assuming the role of Technical Director since 2012, and Quality Manager since 2014.
Molecular Biologist Lisbon, PortugalSeptember 2005 --- September 2006
Diagnostics work, performing paternity tests in dogs and horses and optimizing new tests.
Scientific Researcher Caparica, PortugalSeptember 2000 --- August 2003
Research work on the phytopathogenic fungi taphrina, studying its taxonomy, genetic diversity, and
co-evolution with its hosts.
Scientific Researcher Lisbon, PortugalSeptember 1997 --- August 2000
Research work on the crustacean artemia, regarding its genetic, morphological and ecological characteristics in portugal. work on intensive and semi-intensive production of artemia and its biochemical value, for fishes produced in aquaculture.
Strategic thinkingProblem solvingInnovative thinkingEfficiencyCoordinationAttention to detailOptimismResponsibilityProactivityAdaptability
Business StrategyCE CertificationGeneticsGXPIn vitro diagnostics (IVD)Infectious diseasesISO 13485ISO 17025Laboratory ManagementLeadershipmolecular biologyProblem SolvingQuality Assurance (QA)Regulatory affairsRisk AssessmentSequence AnalysisStart-upsStrategic Financial Planning
Skills and Expertise
Molecular DiagnosticsWriting regulatory documentsAdvise on strategyBiomarker ResearchCollaborate with medical teamDevelop Quality Risk Management (QRM) initiativesEvaluate stability data Execute scientific projectsImplement Quality Management System (QMS)Interact with KOLLead teamsManage laboratory proceduresExperience in IVD sector - DesignDevelopmentValidation and CertificationR&DValidation and Certification of IVD tests
4-year Degree in Biology, 1996 in Biology from University of Aveiro in 1996
Training and Certification
Clinical Investigator Certification, Level 1, according to Pharmatrain syllabus. UNAVE (Univ. of Aveiro) and PtCRIN (NOVA Medical School, New Univ. of Lisbon). in 2016 Certification
Advanced Programme of Management and Innovation for Entrepreneurs (BES PAGEmpreendedores), Católica Lisbon (School of Business & Economics) and University BES. in 2013 Certification
Audits to Testing Laboratories, according to ISO Standard 17025:2005, Specanalitica in 2009 Certification
IV Theoretical and Practical Course on Molecular Microbial Taxonomy, 5th-10th February 2001, University of Lisbon in 2001 Certification
Expert has 8 publications (Will be avalible with full profile)