Assistant head of department molecular biology Ghent, Belgium
March 2010 --- July 2015
- Validation and implementation of new laboratory analysis methods/devices: validation plan, validation rapport, formulation of the S.O.P., user training.
- Monitoring of the external/internal QC evaluations, formulation of the quality deviations in laboratory methods, investigation of solutions, formulation and implementation of corrective and preventive actions in synergy with Quality Department.
- Technical selection related to purchase of new instruments, kits and other products, in the laboratory.
Application Specialist (HD) Brussels, Belgium
June 2008 --- March 2010
First line support in NL, FR, EN for software, result interpretation and reagents, for immunological and molecular biology diagnostic.
Formulation and management of the complaints and related processes.
Senior Laboratory Technologist Ghent, Belgium
February 1996 --- June 2008
- Research and development department
Immunochemistry /Infectious diseases/Human genetics
Research antigen-antibody interaction in the scoop of design and development of serology based diagnostic tests for HCV, HIV, HTLV (1/2), Syphilis and Chagas disease.
Research and development of hepatitis B therapy monitoring tests, PCR and DNA hybridization based. Knowledge used in that scoop was primer and probe design, PCR optimization, cloning and DNA sequence analysis. DNA amplification and hybridization based test for the detection of the Cystic fibrosis mutations.
- Quality assurance department
Batch revue, review of the production line documents and approval of production lots.
ApproachabilityService orientedAnalytical thinkingFlexibilityKindnessProblem solvingResponsibilitySociabilityResult OrientedInterest in knowledge
Diagnostics Medical devices Labtechnician R&DBiotechnologyDNACustomer ServiceAssay developmentPCRqPCRQuantitative PCR (qPCR)RT-PCRDNA extractionDNA sequencingGood Clinical Practice (GCP)Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)ImmunoassaysImmunocytochemistry (ICC)ImmunologyIn VitroInfectious diseasesLaboratory ResearchMedical DevicesMicrosoft ExcelMicrosoft OfficeMicrosoft PowerpointMicroscopymolecular biologyMolecular genetics
Skills and Expertise
Molecular Diagnostics Create SOPs Lab scale batches Report data Technology researchAdjust processes and methodsAdministrative supportCoachFollow-up of quality assurance activitiesWritten presentationVerify dataValidate data
Bachelor in Medical biology and clinical chemistry from Institut De Mot Couvreur –Brussels; Belgium in 1995
Training and Certification
Revolutie in DNA-sequenering: technologie en toepassingen in 2015 Training
Application Specialist BacTAlert Biomerieux in 2009 Training
Application Specialist EasyMag -Biomérieux in 2008 Training
Application Specialist Vidas/mini Vidas Biomérieux in 2008 Certification