Project Leader Gembloux, Belgium
Since January 2015
Identification and substantiation of product activity and mechanism of action: gene expression profiling, in vitro bioassays, dermal toxicology.
Development of new in vitro skin models and bioassays to evaluate skin care active ingredients, extracts and formulated products for cosmetic and pharmacology applications.
- Skills: monolayer cultures (NHDFs, NHEKs and NHEMs) and epidermal model (RHE), RNA and protein extraction, gene expression analysis, immuno-fluorescence and immuno-histochemistry on tissues sections, histological assessment, ELISA.
- Development of new dermo-cosmetic testing services for protection against urban pollution and smoke.
- Project management: implementation study and tests, troubleshooting, results analysis, reporting, bibliography.
Research Engineer / Project Leader Paris, France
March 2014 --- September 2014
Supervisors: Roshane Debeaud, Yegor Domanov and Dominique Fagot
Collaborative project between Advanced Research (Skin Biophysics Laboratory/Predictive Evaluation and Biological Evaluations) and Applied Research (Lips Laboratory) - Study of different ingredients on skin barrier function.
- Skills: differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), formula optimization, bioassays on reconstituted human epidermis (cryo-sections, immuno-histo-fluorescence, protein quantification by the BCA method and quantification of enzyme activity by DAS-ELISA).
- Gantt chart elaboration and milestones scheduling in collaboration with all project partners, daily reporting organization, conducting lab tests, results analysis, coordination between interfaces, monitoring and sharing of knowledge feedback.
Research Assistant / clinical research pilot project Montreal, QC, Canada
June 2013 --- September 2013
Supervisor: Cécile Le Saint, Ph.D: Scientific Director Ovo R&D and Ovo Labo
Subject: Validation of qPCR analysis detecting VIH-1 genome in sperm samples.
- Skills: RNA extraction, qPCR
- Supplier relationship, purchasing order, logistic issue, monitoring technological developments, daily reporting organization, review of the “informed consent form” before submission to the institutional review board.
Laboratory Assistant Quebec City, QC, Canada
May 2012 --- August 2012
Research Center of University Hospital, Québec, Canada
PhD Researcher: Robert Sullivan; PhD Student: Olivier D’Amours
Professional thesis: Identification and characterization of protein markers in male fertility (bull)
- Use the techniques of molecular biology and protein biochemistry, write a scientific journal and maintain a laboratory notebook update.
Laboratory Assistant Nanterre, France
July 2011 --- August 2011
- Bacteriology, use of the machine control of hematology, coagulation and group ABO
Agriculture student exchange program Arcadia, NE, United States
July 2008 --- August 2008
- Bull castration, cow insemination, vaccination of animals, teamwork
Skills and Expertise
Develop protocols Report data Technology researchAdjust methodsAssist with experimentsAssist with routine testsCollaborate with project teamCreate clinical documentsDesign protocolDesign scientific projects (in biology)Design studyInterpret dataOrganize scientific projects (in biology)
Engineering School in Biology (EBI) in Research and Applications from Ecole de Biologie Industrielle (EBI) in 2015
Exchange Biotechnology Engineer Program in Biotechnology Engineer from Sherbrooke University in 2012
Medicine School in PCEM1 from Descartes Université (Paris V) in 2009