i am a bioprocess Scientist with major interest in optimising both the producing organism and process conditions.
my scientific experience ranges from academia, notably within biofuels, to industry, specifically within Pharmaceuticals production.
my core expertise is bacterial and yeast systems from Laboratory scale to pilot/commercial scale.
in addition, i recently became familiar with qc Analytics and Manufacturing within a regulated GMP enviroment. with this regard, i am currently working as Cell Culture Scientist, producing plasmid DNA for supporting early Clinical phase adeno-associated Virus Gene therapies.
as a hobby i enjoy balancing my work with Training at the gym and strolling in the countryside on weekends.
ScientistStoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Since February 2017
usp production Scientist
USP production Scientist
Junior Project Manager Giussano, Province of Monza and Brianza, ItalyMarch 2013 --- January 2014
as a junior Project Manager at lavo ltd my main duties were:
- to coordinate and implement two different european projects: eco-Innovation 2013: -ultrasound-assisted system for wastewater Treatment by ultrafiltration membranes [lavo ltd: project cordinator] sme 2013: "ultratender - non-invasive high power ultrasound processing method for meat tenderization" [lavo ltd: project partecipant - eu funded]
- Project Management from project design through to project implementation
- reporting project progress and costs to project sponsors & senior management
- coordinating personnel & managing contractors
- discussing quality or integrity issues
- identifying project risks and Problem Solving
- responsible for project definition, Process Management, Documentation, resource allocation and oral Presentations to the project partners
- soft-skills: versatility, effective Communication, pragmatism
warehouseman, back office, delivery boyJune 2006 --- March 2013
Master student / trainee Lund, SwedenAugust 2009 --- December 2011
- cellulosic ethanol production
- physicochemical pretreatment (steam explosion + acid catalyst)
- enzymatic saccharification
- saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Fermentation technologies (2 l bench scale bioreactor; batch and fed-batch processing; culture techniques, medium and inoculums preparation)
- biomass Characterization (ashes, extractives, lignin, structural carbohydrates…)
CuriosityAttention to detailCollaborationCommunicativeCreative thinkingCritical thinkingDependabilitySelf-disciplineResiliencyInterest in knowledge
Lab scale batches Labtechnician R&DAnalytical techniquesCellular Product DevelopmentCommunication SkillsEnzyme AssaysEnglishLaboratory ResearchLife SciencesMicrobiological TechniquesMicrosoft Officemolecular biologyPharmaceutical IndustryPresentation SkillsData Analysis
Skills and Expertise
Analytical skills Technology researchcollaborate in research projects at universitiesCommunication
Master in Industrial Biotechnology in Mathematics, physics and natural sciences, dept. of Biotechnology and Biosciences from University of Milano Bicocca, Italy in 2015
in from Lund University, LTH, Lund (Sweden) in 2011