A highly reliable and self-motivated PhD graduate who has international experience and a long track
record of skillfully planning and managing different projects. Proven strengths in time management,
organizing, multi-tasking and prioritizing heavy workloads. High integrity and professionalism when
communicating with professionals at all levels. Bilingual in English and Spanish. Perseverant, proactive,
flexible, creative and innovative. Able to work independently and in a team environment. GCP, First Aid
and FELASA-C certified.
April 2016 --- March 2017
• Administrative support for the organization of: study programs for doctors in training (ASO), congresses (e.g. OB 2016 and SOE2017), meetings (e.g.11th EVICR.net Annual Meeting 2016) and clinical trials (e.g. application for the Ethical Committee).
• Clinical data management/analysis.
• Editorial support (scientific journals).
October 2010 --- September 2014
Responsible for managing a project and providing support to other
• Communication: effective presentations, papers and reports on a regular basis. Writing proposals to obtain funding (i.e. award obtained from the FWO: a PhD fellowships and a grant for participation in an international congress).
• Experimental protocols: designing, planning and budgetmanagement.
• Practical work: animal care, behavioral experiments, blood sampling, DNA extraction, PCR for sex determination, hormone extractions and data analysis.
• Teaching and mentoring: supervisor of 3 trainees, 2 bachelor students and co-promotor of 1 master student. Provided lectures for master students and talks in seminars.
January 2010 --- September 2010
• Communication: effective presentations and reports on a regular basis. Writing proposals to obtain funding (i.e. award obtained from the FWO: a 2-year PhD fellowship).
• Experimental protocols: designing and planning.
• Practical work: animal care, behavioral experiments, blood sampling, DNA extraction, PCR for sex determination and data analysis.
Freelance Science Writer
August 2005 --- August 2006
Writing articles about biology related topics for the magazine Correo del maestro (www.correodelmaestro.com), magazine for primary and secondary school teachers.
Collaborator / Assistant
January 2003 --- January 2006
• “The Science and Technology week” (stand) (IIBCE).
• “The open IIBCE day” (stand and children stand) (IIBCE).
• “The 1st Latin American Congress of Arachnology” (University of the Republic and IIBCE).
• “The VII Workshop of Zoology” (University of the Republic).
AdaptabilityAssertivenessAttention to detailCollaborationCommunicativeCoordinationCreative thinkingCritical thinkingEfficiencyInterest in knowledgeProactivityProblem solvingResult OrientedStrategic thinkingTrust
Biostatistics R&D Scientific writingAnalysisAnalytical methodsAnimal HealthAnimal trial
Skills and Expertise
Analytical skills Interpret data Report data Search literature on clinical trials Write papers Write protocolsAdjust processes and methodsAdministrative supportAdvise on strategyAnalyze data/information to determine potential relationships.Develop strong internal relationships with stakeholdersDevelop ICH/GCP compliant processesDetermine availability of facilities and equipment at the siteDetermine statistical analysis Design the studyDesign scientific projects (in biology)Design scientific experimentsDesign protocolsDesign post-marketing surveillance studyDesign clinical trialData verificationData miningData entryCreates a collaborative team environment
Ph.D. in Biology from University of Antwerp in 2014
Master of Science in Biology from University of Leiden in 2009
Bachelor / Licentiate in Biology from University of the Republic in 2006
Training and Certification
Animal Welfare Officer in 2017 Certification
Introduction to Regulatory Affairs in the EU (RAPS) in 2017 Certification
Good clinical practice in 2016 Certification
Dale Carnegie Immersion in 2015 Certification
European first aid (2 certificates) in 2015 Certification
FELASA-category C in 2011 Certification
Expert has 17 publications (Will be avalible with full profile)