I am a passionate Medical Devices professional with a particular interest in Training and Education. I am certified for Cardiac Electrophysiology as well as Cardiac Rhythm Management. I have worked in a variety of functions starting as a local CRM Sales and Marketing Product Specialist, to an FTE role providing Electrophysiology Clinical Support across 15 countries in the Middle East. Currently I am an Electrophysiology Trainer at St. Jude Medical's Headquarters in Brussels covering Education across Europe, Middle East, and Africa. I completed both my graduate and undergraduate studies at the American University of Beirut. I hold a Masters Degree in Public Health, with a concentration in Health Management and Policy. This gave me a deep understanding of the complexity of healthcare systems and how they work. I also hold a Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences, which gave me a strong clinical background - a must in our domain. Specialties: Training and Education, Cardiac Electrophysiology, Atrial Fibrillation, High- and Low-Voltage Cardiac Rhythm Management, Cardiac 3D Mapping, EnSite NavX, EnSite Array, Conventional Electrophysiology Recording, Claris WorkMate, EP-WorkMate, RF Ablation, Therapeutic and Diagnostic Catheters, Disposables, Public Health, Health Management and Policy.
AF Clinical Instructor EMEA Brussels, Belgium
Since February 2015
- Create and run product and educational courses in the whole EMEA area, for employees and customers to establish SJM as a market leader.
- Assist in the determination of customer educational needs related to product knowledge and benefits of SJM products.
- Responsible for the development of standards for customer training including in-house and field based educational programs.
- Research, develop, design and collaborate activities and supervise the production of educational materials for customer and sales representative training and education.
- Review and periodically evaluate the effectiveness of material produced.
- Organize, conduct, and direct training seminars and symposia for physicians, physician assistants, nurses and support staff as requested by geographic management.
- Deliver Employee trainings for in-house personnel and new hires: Cardiac ElectroPhysiology fundamentals, Advanced EP and EP Recording Systems, Advanced Contact Mapping.
- Manage virtual reality training for physicians including trans-septal puncture, Mapping and Pulmonary Vein Isolation.
Field Clinical Engineer - Atrial Fibrillation Beirut, Lebanon
May 2013 --- February 2015
- Provided sales and clinical support for EP Workmate and Ensite Velocity Systems, including Ensite NavX and Ensite Array
- Built upon and maintained satisfied customers through the development and delivery of targeted customized training and education programs
- Supported and mentored Middle East distributors’ staff involved in conventional and advanced EP cases
- Participated in devising annual AF Division plan and strategy for Middle East
- Delivered Advanced Contact Mapping Training for distributors and customers at St. Jude Medical Advanced Technology Center - Brussels
- Lead the launch of TactiCath Endosense Technology across the region through certifying distributors and performing workshops
Product Specialist - Cardiac Rhythm Disease Management Riyadh, Riyadh Province, Saudi Arabia
May 2011 --- May 2013
- Promoted Medtronic implantable cardiac devices, including marketing activities, customer presentations, and referral/awareness campaigns
- Supported high- and low-power implants and regular patient follow-ups in key accounts in central and north-central zones
- Performed budgeting activities, sales forecast, and stock management
- Participated in tender preparations for major accounts in Riyadh and GCC tenders
- Conducted in-house educational and technical training for CRDM new comers
- Conducted Core-Pace and Core-ICD training for new technicians at KKUH
- Participated in ADVANCE III and a-CRT clinical studies at KKUH
Administrative Assistant Beirut, Lebanon
July 2009 --- March 2010
- Performed regular administrative duties and proficiency testing for accreditation by the College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Contributed to the assessment and evaluation of checklists for CAP accreditation
- Responsible for incident reporting system
- Responsible for revising and editing departmental Policies and Procedures and Standard Operative Procedures
- Conducted inter-method comparisons for laboratory tests using EP Evaluator
ResiliencyAnger commandImpulse commandSelf-confidenceReaction to stressIndependenceApproachabilityPerspectiveCuriosityInterest in knowledgeCreative thinkingKindnessStrivingDiligenceOrganizationDependabilityEfficiency
Skills and Expertise
Train off site staffTrain on site staffTrain StaffProvide trainingDocument employees training requirementsDevelop training materialsFollow up training programs
Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) in Health Management and Policy from American University of Beirut in 2011
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Medical Laboratory Sciences from American University of Beirut in 2009
Lebanese Baccalaureate in Life Sciences from Rawdah High School in 2006
Training and Certification
CRDM Technical Consultant Certification
Field Clinical Engineer - Atrial Fibrillation Certification