as a board certified neurologist, i drive patient care in Neurology in the heilig hart hospitaal in lier, belgium, spanning diagnosis, Treatment and monitoring of all neurological diseases. episodic diseases such as epilepsy and headache are my preferred domains.
i have a particular interest in Innovation and patient outcomes, through integration of new technologies in patient monitoring.
passionated by neurological care in low and middle income countries, i engage with ucb biopharma as a Consultant to the csr department on projects in rwanda. we have a clear focus on building capacitiy and raising awareness… epilepsy out of the shadows!
during nine year of experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry, i have not only acquired an in depth understanding of governance, Strategy and Operations including Clinical trials, regulatory submission, medical affairs and Market access.
Since July 2017
as a board certified neurologist, i am accountable for all aspects of holistic patient care
- i drive integration of new technological solutions into patient monitoring between visits (eg helpilepsy)
- through expertise, i support healthtech startups in Neurology (eg neuropath)
- in4care award in collaboration with helpilepsy, dec 2017, offering epilepsy diary in to our epilepsy patients
As a board certified neurologist, I am accountable for all aspects of holistic patient care
- I drive integration of new technological solutions into patient monitoring between visits (eg helpilepsy)
- Through expertise, I support healthtech startups in neurology (eg Neuropath)
- In4care award in collaboration with Helpilepsy, dec 2017, offering epilepsy diary in to our epilepsy patients
Head of EU Medical Managers Seizure Freedom Anderlecht, BelgiumDecember 2015 --- October 2017
- retrospective Data Analysis yield first data on epilepsy patient longitudinally in rwanda, ean 2016 presentation
- successful growth of 2 out of 5team members in the company from local to eu level
- growth of ucb epilepsy solutions across all eu markets
- successful Market access Strategy support throughout eu
Specific Needs for Specific Patients LeadApril 2015 --- December 2015
brief description of accountabilities and responsibilities:
the seizure freedom mission was composed of several cross-functional teams, aiming to deliver solutions with impact to patients living with epilepsy. as Member of the team, i was responsible for the medical aspects of patient care with a focus on women of childbearing age, paediatric patients and elderly.
- first in kind Analysis of Patient Safety data in pregnancy with exposure to ucb drugs, including timely and satisfactory response to FDA requests.
- lessons learned from first heor Analysis using non structured Databases for outcomes in epilepsy
- submission of extrapolation of pediatric data from adults to FDA and EMA
- improved understanding of patient needs in elderly, wocba and paediatric patients.
Assoc Med Dir, DREAM Mission, VIMPAT PSTApril 2013 --- April 2015
the vimpat patient solutions team (pst) was a product specific global team, subdivided in project specific missions.
- successful medical launch Planning and execution for monotherapy in us
- succesfull strategic execution of medical plans in eu, including aligned publication of Clinical Trial results, focusing on business needs
- expansion and upscaling of csr activities in rwanda with a focus on capacity building and Education, increasing reach to patients with epilepsy
- exemplary integration of Competitive Intelligence in business plans, country assessment
- through intense collaboration, grow ucb solutions, exceeding in market expectations in us, japan, china and eu
Associate Director Global Medical Affairs EpilepsyFebruary 2012 --- April 2013
reporting to the global Medical Director, my focus was the cross functional support of the CNS epilepsy and parkinson franchise. this included Clinical Trial involvement (Phase 2-4), internal and external Medical Education, heor projects and conduct of csr projects.
- successful setup, organisation and post-event spin-off of external Medical Education event, cme accredited, with 700 delegates
- timely delivery of results from a belgian observational study to support revision of Reimbursement of vimpat
- acceleration of awareness campains in rwanda through a mobile caravane approach
- impact on changed customer experience at congresses (aes, iec, ece) using booth surveys, poster pitching
- heor projects in epilepsy supporting Reimbursement using database analyses: impact for uk
- publication of large survey driving insights into patient-Physician interaction during and between visits
Medical Advisor CNS BelgiumAugust 2008 --- January 2012
as a local Expert in Neurology, i drove the Reimbursement of an orphan drug and contributed successfully to the negotiations of vimpat Reimbursement. the energetic drive of co-creating with other team members led to an unexpected patient uptake and experience with vimpat.
- Reimbursement and successful launch of xyrem and vimpat in 2010
- excellent relationship with key opinion leaders and roll-out of rising stars program
- successful launch and continued support of project in drc within the frame of csr program
- excellent performance/recruitment in local observational study to support revision of Reimbursement
- Pharmaceutical Medicine degree
TeacherSeptember 2005 --- June 2007
Anger commandSelf-confidenceReaction to stressIndependencePerspectiveCuriosityIndividualityAdaptabilityAuthenticityKindnessDependabilityEfficiency
Analytical thinkingResponsibilityResiliencyResult Oriented
NeurologyLife SciencesHealthcareBusiness StrategyStrategyInnovation ManagementBudget ManagementCommunication SkillsMedicinePharmaceutical IndustryProblem SolvingTeam LeadershipTeam Management
Skills and Expertise
Analytical skills Interpret dataAdjust processes and methodsAdvise on strategyCoachCommunicationCoordinationlifescienceManage budgetsNegotiationPlan work to meet objectives and deadlinesSolve problems
DPharmed in Post-graduate in Pharmaceutical Medicine from Université libre de Bruxelles in 2011
Master in Medicine from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven in 2003
Bachelor in Medicine in Medicine from Universiteit Hasselt in 1999
secondary school in Latin - Mathematics (8h) from Sint-Jozef College Turnhout in 1996
Training and Certification
leadership training accelerate in 2016 Certification
Pharmaceutical Medicine in 2012 Certification
Board certified Neurologist in 2008 Certification
Medical Doctor in 2003 Certification