I have been working with Novartis since 7 years as Country Head of Financial Control and Compliance. I spent 5 years in France and more than two years in South Korea. I also worked during 6 years with Bristol Myers Squibb France as Country Business Controller reporting directly to the Head Europe.
My main competences in processes and controls are the following:
- Managing Internal Control and Compliance
- Project management and transformation initiatives implementation: I had the opportunity to implement a shared service including standardization and harmonization, I supported outsourcing projects (finance and business), and I was a key player in new processes and systems implementation (transparency tool, T&E tool, SAP HR, payroll system, CRM...)
- Simplification: I leaded process simplification initiatives like T&E, procurement, delegation of authorities, but also business and administrative processes including notably sample process, disclosure process (transparency), grants and donation...
- Risk assessment, remediation: I faced to fraud contexts in two entitles. I had to perform risk assessments and to propose remediation to the executive management, notably new process design for procurement, T&E, payments...
I have a very pragmatic and risk based approach, a very good business acumen, I always focused on efficiency and performance, which are the main reasons for my success in my different roles and the recognition from my stakeholders and my management.
My experiences within different countries and cultures (Europe and Asia, American and Swiss companies...) allow me to explore new approaches and to make innovative proposals to my management.
I am looking for a new position with new challenges, in a smaller, innovative and flexible organization, where I could leverage my previous experiences in project management, transformation initiatives and implementation.
COUNTRY HEAD OF FINANCIAL CONTROL AND COMPLIANCEFrance and South KOrea
Since November 2011
NOVARTIS SOUTH KOREA (2.5 YEARS)
Organization under a governmental investigation following allegations of corruption:
- Provided a complete assessment of Internal control and processes
- Ensured remediation, re-design and reinforcement of internal processes and controls
- Increased significantly Internal Control awareness and supported culture change programs
NOVARTIS FRANCE (5 years)
- Managed Internal Control frameworks
- Implemented controls related to the professional practices
- Implemented and managed the Internal Control and Compliance Shared Service (7 people – 3 entities)
- Implemented change management programs
- Guest Internal Auditor:
- SOX and Procurement scopes (2014- Belgium)
- Payroll, HR and Governance scopes (2015 - Greece)
COUNTRY BUSINESS CONTROL FRANCEOctober 2005 --- November 2011
AdaptabilityCoordinationCreative thinkingCritical thinkingCuriosityEfficiencyTrustResult OrientedProblem solvingOptimismInnovative thinking
AccountingAuditingBusiness ProcessBusiness Process ImprovementChange ManagementComplianceContinuous ImprovementLeadershipmanagementMicrosoft OfficeTeam LeadershipRisk ManagementRisk Assessment
Skills and Expertise
Analytical skillsCommunicate effectively on different company levelsWork cross-functionallySolve problemsproject managementPrepare internal auditsLead teamsImplement Processes
Professional Degree In Internal Audit in Internal Audit from IFACI in 2010
Baccalaureat in Economics from Lycee Vauban in 1994
Training and Certification
Green Belt in 2015 Training
CFE in 2016 Certification
CIA in 2012 Certification