CMC - expert interested in jobs in the (bio)pharmaceutical, chemical and biotechnological sector? I am looking for mangement - team leader jobs either in production or process development.
Currently, I am a scientist team leader at Ablynx responsible for managing a small team of scientist developing analytical methods, the formulation and the characterization of protein therapeutics (DS & DP). In my role, I also cooridinate for certain projects the CMC pharmaceutical development and represent CMC in cross functional teams. In addition, I organize and supervise project activities with external partners, chair project meetings and organize and supervise wet lab work.
I have an active management style, using my charisma, confidence and project authority in a way that draws my team together behind our common goal. I motivate them by inspiring them and showing them that their contributions make a real difference.
In previous jobs, I have build up expertise in protein production and purification, more specifically enzymes, recombinant proteins and monoclonal antibodies. I have designed industrial processes optimizing the fermentation, purification and final buffer formulation for proteins and antibodies applied in in vitro diagnostics. As the Head of Biomanufacturing in a SME active in the in vitro diagnostic sector, I was also responsible for implementing and improving the quality assurance system.
Apart from protein production and fermentation, I am also experienced in protein engineering and biocatalysis. I have engineered enzymes during my PhD to alter the substrate specificity and the stability. I have also developed industrial biocatalytic processes in the starch industry starting at the lab scale and scaling the process to final industrial scale.
Scientist - teamleader CMCgent
Since February 2016
- People management
- Manage a team of scientists and lab technicians
- Support and inspire team members
- Analysis, characterization and formulation of protein therapeutics
- Analytical method development
- Formulation of DS and DP (different routes of administration)
- Characterization of product related variants and process related impurities
- Support CMC process development (USP and DSP)
- Early and late stage pharmaceutical developmen
- Represent CMC in interdisciplinary project teams
- Summarize and report results
- Contribute to regulatory dossiers (CMC-sections)
- Support all departments with an overall product and process understanding
- Project management
- Organize and supervise project with external partners
- Organize and chair project meetings
- Organize and supervise wet lab work
- People management
Head of Biomanufacturing
Since March 2014
* Development and scale-up of production processes for recombinant proteins and monoclonal Antibodies
* Continuous improvement of processes and quality system
* Transfer of processes to CMO* Implementing and improving quality assurance system
Creative thinkingProblem solvingAssertivenessSociabilityFlexibilityInnovative thinkingOrganizationResponsibilityStrategic thinkingResult OrientedSelf-confidenceStriving
people managementChemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls (CMC)FormulationAnalytical Chemistry
Skills and Expertise
Build the CMC development plan Interpret data Report data Technology researchChemistry Manufacturing and Controls (CMC) activitiesCoach staffCoordinate CMC-activitiesPeople managementproject management
Ph.D. in Applied biological sciences from Ghent University in 2012
Summer school in Glycosciences from The Graduate School VLAG in 2008
Master's degree in Bioengineering from Ghent University in 2007
Exchange program Biorenewable resources in from Iowa State University in 2006